Wow..I really like DTT's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out to work trails today since its way to wet to ride. It rained about 3 inches yesterday and all week its been rain, snow, sleet or freezing rain. I knew it was going to be wet, and it was. Even alot of standing water in the fields. The area I need to get to was pretty far back on the property and when I saw the fields I was ready to hike with a chain saw cause I thought there was no way I was getting up any of the steep hills as slick as they were. I went right up them without really even spinning very much. Started to slide sideways a couple of times but the front end would catch and pull me straight again. Coming back down was pretty scary, thought I was going to slide into the woods off the trial. They work great in greasy conditions. This was my first trip with them installed other than my shakedown when the axle was not installed right.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, DTT's work good.

Dave

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got both front and rears in?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out to work trails today since its way to wet to ride. It rained about 3 inches yesterday and all week its been rain, snow, sleet or freezing rain. I knew it was going to be wet, and it was. Even alot of standing water in the fields. The area I need to get to was pretty far back on the property and when I saw the fields I was ready to hike with a chain saw cause I thought there was no way I was getting up any of the steep hills as slick as they were. I went right up them without really even spinning very much. Started to slide sideways a couple of times but the front end would catch and pull me straight again. Coming back down was pretty scary, thought I was going to slide into the woods off the trial. They work great in greasy conditions. This was my first trip with them installed other than my shakedown when the axle was not installed right.

This is great!

Just an FYI (and you might have been doing this already), first gear and 4-LO will bring you down a steep slippery incline slowly without much risk of locking of the tires and sliding.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great!

Just an FYI (and you might have been doing this already), first gear and 4-LO will bring you down a steep slippery incline slowly without much risk of locking of the tires and sliding.

I did not and I thought about it later. It was pretty sketchy too. Normally I don't even tempt fate when its that slick. This place does not get deep but it gets really slippery and the hills are steep. I had trouble walking around some of the trials when I was clearing.

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It snowed a lot here on Saturday, then the temp was in the mid-40s yesterday and the runoff was spectacular. I'm parked on a steep driveway and when I went out today I slid halfway to North Carolina. Ended up having to go clear around to the back via the passenger side and inch my way uphill holding the door handles to get in. Wish my gym shoes had a lower gear and 4-LO. :icon_lol:

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get out your old hockey skates and stick...you can hook the door handle on the way by, get the door open, and get off a wicked hard slap shot before you drive off!

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

At the top..not even much mud slung on the sides. With my XJ it would have been covered.

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DTTS,
almost as good as fresh baked home made bread with home made apple butter on it

ktmrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DTTS,
almost as good as fresh baked home made bread with home made apple butter on it

Lol. I have to agree. They may not be the best extreme rock climbers but for slick muddy conditions they are awesome. I would think they have to work in snow pretty good also.