Work Commutes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed some people talking about their commutes in "What did your KJ do today?". I thought it would be interesting to see what kinds of distances you drive your KJ to work.

I've got 60 miles roundtrip, 5 days a week. Mostly interstate getting about 20 mpg. I know there are MPG threads and I am not trying to start another one here. I just thought I'd add that little bit of information.

Mutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive 54 miles one way to work, it takes an hour in the morning and an hour and fifteen minutes at night.

I only drive one week out of three due to carpooling. When I do drive to work it's in my Civic that gets 38 mpg, the KJ uses a half tank of gas on one days round trip! (Aeh)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15 miles if I go freeway, 11.5 if I wanna hassle with all the traffic on city streets. then again, the street route passes right thru the ASU campus... \:D/

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Humm now that I moved it's less than a mile, before it was a 42 mile mainly highway. But I still put about 45 miles on the KJ for the newspaper.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently 18 miles one way- 45+ minutes to work & 1+ hour to get home.

(Morons)

New job, 6 miles 10 minutes.

cowdogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
15 miles if I go freeway, 11.5 if I wanna hassle with all the traffic on city streets. then again, the street route passes right thru the ASU campus... \:D/
I have almost the exact same commute (when reporting to main office, and not in the field). About 12 miles to First St. in Tempe. I lived in that neighborhood for 15 years so cruising campus is old hat. \:D/ [-X

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my commute is between 40 and 55 miles, depending on job site location, anywhere from 40 min to and hour and 15 min......grrrrrrrr...BUT, the KJ is a VERY enjoyable ride, soooooooooooo....no biggie!!

2003KJ

Reaction score
NONE!!! Now that i'm doing most of my work from home I dont have to drive anywhere! But when i do have to run into the office for something it's about 6-7 miles one way...takes about 10-15 minutes given traffic in the morning, and about 15-20 in the evening.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
5 Minute Walk.

Same for me. \:D/

Mutt, why does you libby use half a tank in just 100 miles? I use about 1/4tank in 100 miles when getting about 22mpg on the hw. Thats with the stock tires though. Even with my generals on the cragar rims, Im looking at getting around 20mpg.

vwbill

Reaction score
52 miles one way, takes 1 hour to 1.5 hour if someone wrecks in Tempe area. Get 23.5 in stop and go or high speed and 26 crusing 65-70.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
vwbill said:
52 miles one way, takes 1 hour to 1.5 hour if someone wrecks in Tempe area. Get 23.5 in stop and go or high speed and 26 crusing 65-70.
Ah. must be another Arizona person. Welcome to the group! \:D/ And I'm guessing you drive a CRD???

vwbill

Reaction score
Yes it is. Looked for a diesel with best mileage that could tow 5000 pounds. Liberty was the answer. Lurked hear for about a year before actual purchase and am very happy with it.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to drive 74 miles one way (just over an hour) with my 3.7L getting probably up to 19 mpg while doing 60-65mph. However, the KJ was new and after doing that for 2 months I found a job local to me.

Now I drive 16 miles round trip and my wallet does not have a hole in it anymore!!