Woot Woot.. Master of the Flow..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I'm going to be putting a Flowmaster 50 on soon. Shouldn't there be a cat to the front of the muffler...or is that only on a 2002? If so, can I cut mine off when I install the Flowmaster?

The 2002 liberty have three cats... Mine has two and they are still on there. You can see one of them in my underbody pic..

No offense taken donnie.. Its a personal opinion.. Im ok with it for now but I wish it was just a tad quieter.. I always keep my stock parts incase I do not like the mod.. Wouldnt take me 30min to get two couplings and put the stock muffler back on..

Last edited:

jkl

Reaction score
thing sounds sweet without a muffler. i ran a straight pipe on my 98 f150 with 5.4 liter, and it sounded bad a$$.

im gonna put one of these on the kj in the next couple of weeks.

You must be registered for see images attach

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCC7fSYWfNo

--- you'll eventually be able to watch this video. ---

I rode around like this all day. I liked the sound in the driveway, but for some odd reason, I think I may still need the muffler. Windows down driving is horrible.

Got any pics of the muffler on the crd marlon? How did you go about getting it off? I read that the crd's didnt have a muffler.. Guess whoever said that was wrong.. :rolleyes:

Donnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken donnie.. Its a personal opinion.. Im ok with it for now but I wish it was just a tad quieter.. I always keep my stock parts incase I do not like the mod.. Wouldnt take me 30min to get two couplings and put the stock muffler back on..

Cool, I'm glad I didn't tick you off :). Whatever floats you boat ya know? I had one on my old truck and just got sick of it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blake, then you may wanna swap it with 40 before you get it welded if you get tired of the noise. It sounds like it is a bit louder than what you expected to get. It still sounds nice, but you might get headache after a long drive or in traffic if you cannot go over 60 or have to constantly drive in low RPMs. :(

No Muffler: Sounds great.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it sounds good, I like the "without" sound as well.

I bought Bennett's Magnaflow and am so used to the sound that I've forgotten that I have it on until I'm in an enclosed space like a parking garage.

I'll try to take some clips tomorrow if I'm sober enough to figure out this camera!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blake, then you may wanna swap it with 40 before you get it welded if you get tired of the noise. It sounds like it is a bit louder than what you expected to get. It still sounds nice, but you might get headache after a long drive or in traffic if you cannot go over 60 or have to constantly drive in low RPMs. :(

No Muffler: Sounds great.

I believe the 40 is the louder than the 50 isnt it?

Ive not driven it much.. Only to take it for a test drive and get some vids. Time will tell weather or not I like it. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Delta 40 was quieter inside the cabin. Now go get another one and make it a dual exhaust, get two steel tips.. :)

What's big problem driving around without a muffler?

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the 40 is the louder than the 50 isnt it?

Ive not driven it much.. Only to take it for a test drive and get some vids. Time will tell weather or not I like it. :)
Yep, a 40 is louder than a 50. The delta flow 40 is supposed to be quieter inside than the plain 40, but it is still louder than a 50.

Found a graph on Flowmaster's website.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Look at the difference between 50SUV and 40Delta!!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, let us know if you start getting a headache. I like my whisper quiet muffler on highway speeds. Since RPM is at betweek 1800-2000 at highway, i would assume it will not be VERY loud, but still louder. Let us know :)

Oh LOL on that video, where camera just falls back, and you go ballistic on it. "STAY HERE DAMN IT, STAY STAY STAY"

Mick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I would hate to see how loud a 40series would be if mine is as loud as it is. :eek:
I've got a 40 on mine, there are days I want to cut it off, but those are few and far between. I've got a vid of mine on here on YouTube, but I thinks it's one of those things you can't really get a good idea about unless you hear it in person.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I love the last video.....brief tire chirp, followed by rapid acceleration, then followed by the camera falling backwards...LOL

I think the flowmaster sounds pretty good on the 3.7.....certainly surprised me....

Latest posts

Members online