wonky login

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Takes several tries to login. Have to wait to kill the full page popup before it'll allow a login which never works; second try usually works. Then I get notices that I've made too many commands so it's off to the penalty box for 30 seconds. Might be my provider since they only need to belly rub the political lap dogs. Does the internet really work for anyone well?? Always just a promise of great things here. Not going to move to a big city. Might just give up the idea of internet or phone service here in AK.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Works fine here.
Install free "Ad block Plus" / reboot.
Clear all the cookies....you still need cookies on for login to stay on longer.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Takes several tries to login. Have to wait to kill the full page popup before it'll allow a login which never works; second try usually works.
What do you mean by "full page popup?" Are you talking about the error page you get that tells you an invalid user name or password was used? Or are you talking about an advertisement popup? I think an ad popup is what LibertyTC thinks you are referring to. Although the ads on any of the pages are pretty obnoxious when you are not logged in, they don't usually prevent you from logging in.

Then I get notices that I've made too many commands so it's off to the penalty box for 30 seconds. Might be my provider since they only need to belly rub the political lap dogs.
Your user name is not case sensitive when logging in, but your password is. If you are using a browser or plugin that has spell checking auto correct, it may cause a problem. The forum system allows you 5 tries to get it right, then makes you wait 15 minutes before you can try again.

If you are on your own computer and it isn't used by strangers, then why not click the Remember me box so your user name and password are already filled in when you visit? Then you only need to click the Remember me box again and then the Log in button. Alternatively, you can stay logged in when you leave the forum. Don't log out. Then you will always be logged in when you surf to the site.

If you are receiving notices about commands and get some kind of penalty box for 30 seconds, I don't believe that has anything at all to do with the forum software.

Works fine here.
Install free "Ad block Plus" / reboot.
Clear all the cookies....you still need cookies on for login to stay on longer.
Unless turblediesel is talking about a popup ad, then ad blocking software isn't going to solve his login troubles. When you are logged into the site, there's no reason to run ad blocking software here. I'm not an advocate of ad blocking software. When I visit a site that is difficult to use because of obnoxious and invasive advertising, then I leave and find a site that doesn't. There are millions of websites, maybe even more than a million forums. There are certainly a big selection of Jeeping forums and several that deal with the KJ. Some of those have too many ads for me. This forum doesn't.

I'm only trying to help because I administer some forums that use this same forum software. None of the admins or mods for JeepKJ have replied, so I hoped to be able to help. But just as with most problems in life, with our Jeeps and with this forum software, it's always better if you provide details about the problem. Quote actual error messages, maybe even try to get a screenshot and tell us exactly what you are doing when the problem occurs. The more detail, the better the help you will receive.

Jim

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

All I have for internet is a funky walmart phone. Never joined "the google" so I don't have any apps although it might be worth doing to kill the login popup which is an ad. Usually IHop or insurance. I think the keystroke penalty might come from something the popup ad is doing. I only get into second or third tries logging in.

Didn't know "remember me" did all that... Thought it just kept me logged in more than an hour. Cookies get cleared pretty often to scrape the mud off my boots before I enter someone elses site. Seems to help.

There are a lot of other jeep sites but I like it here. The ads aren't bad and the mods are great. Plus... in a few words... "three word game". I'm addicted. I liked "one word game" and "two word game" too but they didn't seem to catch on... Maybe "four word game" would be a bigger hit. "Do you think so?"...

My hat's off to anyone dealing with computers and websites. I worked on '50s computers but I can't keep up with all the new variables and dirty fingers in the pie.

Best wishes!

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are using a mobile device, you may be experiencing issues related to an app called Tapatalk. I checked the source code for JeepKJ.com and it does provide access via Tapatalk.

Jim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.