wondering what this is called

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpd310228

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to put one on my renny cause the light from the lightbar reflects ALOT on the windshield, does anybody know what these are called?

Attachments

• Dodge truck at Dorr.jpg
    Dodge truck at Dorr.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79

iamweasel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, im just trying to find a way to get the glare off the windshield, any ideas? lol

I know what you mean - it's even worse if the jeep is dusty. I thought about fabricating a little visor under each light, but like Troy said, will probably look cheesy

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The visers were used to keep the sun & moon glare off the top of the windshield, sort of like wearing a ball cap (worn correctly - hehe) to keep the sunglare off yer eyes. ******* the mileage tho as TJ said. Maybe fab something that clips on when you use the lights. Our lightbar does the same, but don't use them often enough for it to be a problem. Tried to adjust them to not do it but they're too close to the roof and front edge to eliminate the glare.

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happy175::happy175:Don't knock the moon visor on a kj. That would be badass. I used to have one just like that on my van in the 70s.:happy175::happy175:

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that's funny. Need to get the shade that sticks out about 8 inches...then get some fringy tassels for the inside. Serious 80's disco throwback look. Totally cool man. :happy175::happy175:

trent.brown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When in your previous life? :happy175:

2012 - 27 = 1985 ... :D

Just being humorous. But really, my dad had one on his van in the late 70s. Its not my taste but all the "retro" stuff is making a comeback.

And hey, I was born in 83. Some of you guys were way past your first jeeps by then and I respect that.

surfRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your trying to get rid of glare from the lights bouncing off the hood, some people paint the hood in that area a flat black so that it is not reflected as much. And it looks way better than the basball cap on the roof

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My old early date 70 C10 Scottsdale ( still have it) has one with vent windows and out door air floor vents. Had to make your own lift kit back then.

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad use to install them. I always thought there were both sun and moon. Base on how much they stuck out. Moon where bigger?
I remember little old ladies cars with curb finders. But they little old lady only started driving those cars after husband died. Chrome and more Chrome, and tail fins. Old Caddy and Chryslers a few Lincoln's.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The company Lund/Keystone restyling use to make two styles of moon visor for the KJ.
One with and one without amber cab lights. Unfortunately they were not popular and they stopped manufacturing them.:(
I've been trying to find one for many a year now but no luck!
Even for a used one on fleaBay doesn't seem to exist!