With proper maintenance how long will the ol jeep run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious about how many miles some of you guys have on your liberties!? Mine just turned over a 100k and I really want to keep it, now that I'm approaching a good time to sell if I was going to end up doing that. I love it though and wanna see what you guys say...Mines 2006 Lib 4x4 3.7L

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
100,000 isn't broke in yet
Mines got 195,000, buddy has an 03 with 226,000 and several others have 200,000 plus on them.
Of course with anything mechanical parts can wear/ crap out at any moment even with the best of maintenance, but less likely if taken care of

Last edited:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, 100k miles is generally nothing nowadays, provided it was well taken care of. 133k miles on mine, and going strong. Engine barely uses a drop of oil between changes, and still runs like a top. Have done a few mechanical wear parts replacements such as cv joints, wheel bearings and such, but that goes with the territory whatever vehicle you have.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can set my truck on fire and roll it down a hill but I still wouldn't trade it for a coupe de'ville.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cold medicine... Sure. :anitoof:

So that's what the youngsters call it these days... (Alcy)

Actually, I can sympathize. I came down with a bad cold/flu on Jan 1st and am still coughing...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started with a coworker. Then to the boss, then to another coworker, then to me.

Medicine head *****, but it's better than that nasty cold.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got 98500 miles on my 06 and aside from routine maintenance and tune ups all i have had to do to the engine is 2 radiator replacements (brand new napa radiator lifetime warranty), a water pump, thermostat and the coolant (obviously), other than that i had to do one window regulator (used the steiger part) a shifter, and the ingnition switch actuator pin, i got it in 2009 with 48500 miles.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With proper maintenance how long will the ol jeep run

Easy answer....Longer than it will run with poor maintenance.

The past is out of your control. Keep up with fluids, plugs, services, etc. Take care of it, do as much as you can yourself and get to know how the ol' Jeep acts. that way you can hear, feel, smell, sense when something may be amiss and take care of any issues ASAP.

It takes caring, work and communication. Treat it well but still take it out to play and get it dirty once in a while....you know just like any good relationships\:driver: