Wish me Luck!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow afternoon will be the first time I'll be taking my KJ off road. To the only place that I can go. The river area. I'm kinda nervous because the last time I was down there I was 17 and I got my fathers Chevy Avalanche stuck when a frozen puddle that was under me cracked and the Passenger side of the truck was up to its belly in mud and the driver side rear tire was up in the air. Not a very good thing and I’m lucky I’m still alive after that lol. So after work tomorrow I’m grapping the camera and my girlfriend and we’re going down the river. Hopefully I’ll get some good pics.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Good luck....

And not to lecture or anything, but wheelin alone isn't exactly the best thing to do....atleast have a buddy you can call for backup if things go sour quick...

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck....

And not to lecture or anything, but wheelin alone isn't exactly the best thing to do....atleast have a buddy you can call for backup if things go sour quick...

I know wheelin alone isn't a good thing. Where I'm going though is only a 3 blocks distance from my house. and I used to go down there all the time when I was a kid. So I'm very familiar with area. I wouldn't be going somewhere alone if I didn't know what the conditions where like. It's also been dry with no rain for three weeks now. So I know there won't be any water on the paths.

Plus if by some chance I do get stuck. I got the Chevy avalanche sitting at home to pull me out :p.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good wheeling spot 3 blocks from the house.......:D

Good luck....and let us know how you make out.

Dave

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful where you say that :p

Just because I can use the Avalanche as arecovery Truck doensn't mean it can keep up with me on the trail :p

Hell, I think it's actaully too big to fit on some trails back there.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got down there and I broke my fear of the mud that I got stuck in 3 years ago :) BUT!! Soon as I got down the main trail and over the rail road tracks, I hadda turn around :-(. The farmers where out in the fields down there and even though we don't go into there fields they still don't like people in the area. They don't take kindly to people that go down there. So no fun pictures of being down there. I'll have to go back down there another time when the farmers aren’t there. Here is whatever shots I got when I got back home.

I know the Jeep didn't get that dirty but it was still lots of fun with what time I had down there. I'm looking to doing it again :).

You must be registered for see images