Wiring Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on getting a new amp and subwoofer, according the amp's specs, 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended, paired with Thunder4500

I checked a few places for wiring kits, like crutchfield, but they are almost as expensive as the amp itself! (Streetwires)

Can anyone recommend 4g wiring kit, or something similar that'll help me get the amp wired safely and cost effectively?

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score
that amp will be fine off an 8awg power/ground... it doesn't draw anywhere NEAR what you'd need 4awg for... unless you parallel say 4 of that amp :p they're just spreading hype... that sub can't handle an amp that needs an 80a fuse full tilt... unless you're running a pyramid or something that draws 900wrms and puts out 250-300rms... so a 30% efficient amp that does 300rms or something LOL I don't think even pyramids would be that inefficient or overrated.. if you run 4awg, you may as well run it to a distro block and be able to power a mids amp down the road ;)

wait, let me get this right, you're planning on running a 250wrms 15" sub that needs a 1.75sealed box or 2.5ft^3 ported (after displacements) box? I'd just as soon run something else. and particular reason you choose those? mtx are known to sound like ***.

I know you didn't ask, but since I consider myself well in the know with stereos I'll make you a small suggestion :) be back with a system I'll design for you :p gotta go help the wife unload groceries brb with the links and stuff....

Last edited:

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score
Last edited:

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score
vids of eD 15" sub

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Elemental Designs/16ov2.6.wmv

MTX 7515" sub

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/MTX/7515.2.wmv

this is a higher end MTX than the one you want obviously and still doesn't have the displacement of the eD... nuff said :p for your ride I'd try to find the eD with the black cone with the silver writing. they look really nice.. specially with some black carpet or even vinyl to wrap the box :D eD has been SQ for a long while but there subs have alot of displacement and power handling as well as efficiency and don't have problems getting loud low and sounding good doing it ;)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aloha and Mahalo for the help, but most of what you are talking about is completely unknown to me. I don't know much about these subwoofers, or amps, or RMS they will put out.

You asked me why I was going to go with these, here is the reason: LINK

You get sub, box, amp for $150. I have $60 credit from crutchfield. So it will make it only $90 for me, shipped. Box, Amp, Sub.

The reviews indicated that the sub puts out enough juice for my taste, I don't plan to win any competition or try to bother the neighbors. Let it have enough boom in the jeep, and also compliment some of the hits I listen to time to time. Otherwise I always listen to rock and heavy metal, which doesn't need that much bass, except for hard-hitting drums.

So, since it sounds like you know what you are talking about, and have knowledge of these stuff, would you buy above package for someone like me?

Alternatively, there is this package: LINK to Rockford Fosgate RBK110-200

Note that these days I am very tight for the money, tight with capital T. So, I wanna make use of my $60 before this package is sold out, apparently they are trying to finish these amps, woofers. So once it is gone it won't be back. I thought it was a good opportunity. Otherwise, if this goes, I won't buy any subwoofer and will just keep the credit in the account.

Last edited:

hawaiianbasshead

Reaction score
I'd say get the 12" in that case. didn't realize you had a credit with them. you can always upgrade amp and sub later, sell someone your sub and switch the amp to run your mids :)

I think MTX is going to start doing their subs in black soon with silver letters so if they do it'll match your truck even more :) and the box looks like it'll match already. good deal! still don't need a 4awg amp kit that amp doesn't draw that much. if you're SET on getting a 4awg kit, do yourself a favor and make it a dual amp kit. when the wires are shorter they can carry more amperage, so a 2' piece of 8awg can easily power a 6-700watt amp. so you could get another amp later and power both off the same kit only needing another set of rca's :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN! The package is sold out.. great job... i missed my chance.