Wiring from Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChappyEight

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on the best way to wire my backup camera from the license plate area into the vehicle? I have this unit http://www.crutchfield.com/p_707VTL425/Boyo-VTL-Series-Black.html?search=boyo which came free with a head unit that I purchased and I'm trying to find the best way from the license plate area to the cabin (I can get it from there up to the front.

Hoping someone smarter than me can give me some advice.

Oh, and fwiw, the cord has a preinstalled grommet attached to it for passing through the body if necessary, but I'm trying to find an existing grommet to use.

Thanks in advance for anything you can throw my way.

rocknrun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know what year your KJ is, but here's some info from etrailer.com on wiring in a trailer harness. If you can find this grommet, you should be able to run your cam cable through it.

Installation: The OEM plug for the Jeep Liberty is located behind the paneling in the back of the Jeep Liberty on the passenger side. There is a grommet located in the floor to allow for the 4-flat connector to be run down by the trailer hitch. A mounting bracket is recommended for the 4 pole connector.

Latest posts

Members online