Wireless internet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heat pump is about 10feet from my window but Im on the second floor. There are no antennas of any type around my room. Weve never used lead based paint but I dont believe that would cause this. The router has two antennas. Ive tried moving it around and it doesnt change a thing.

Its most deff not the router or the laptop. There just isnt much stuff in my room that would do that do the wireless.. Ill try to mess around with stuff to see what I can come up with now that everyone is wondering. :)

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try purchasing some high gain antennas i had similar problems but they really helped .Sellers on ebay stock them.Or evict your brother and knock down any walls that are causing you grief,and as a final check make sure you havent got a gimp in the seller i hear their latex suits can send wifi signals haywire. lol.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
High gain antennas just cost too much. And if the rooms are just that close and something blocks reception, I am not sure if it will help whole lot.

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the signal strength on the laptop showing? This should indicate if it's a weak signal problem or interference/setting problem.

Latest posts

Members online