Winter wheels & tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My new Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT's on stock steel wheels waiting for winter. These should be better than the stock GY's that came on my 07.

Attachments

• PA230574.jpg
    PA230574.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 63
  • PA230573.jpg
    PA230573.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 65

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My new Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT's on stock steel wheels waiting for winter. These should be better than the stock GY's that came on my 07.

Look good, my Duratracs are great in the snow, well overall all the time but in the snow they do a great job

and stock tires??? I wouldn't run them on my Ex Mother In laws vehicle, they **ck big time :whip:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in Indiana? I haven't needed anything more than my stock tires.

Central Indiana. The stock tires did OK but I have gotten my use out of them. 42,000mi not much tread left. Plus at $98 each could'nt pass up the price.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach
Went ahead and put on my new tires. I thought they would ride rough, but they dont for a load range E tire. These tires are pretty quiet to considering how aggressive they are.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do ride fine. I was going to get another set of tires for the original rims so I could switch them out in the spring, but I decided not to. I like the look of the black rims on the white Jeep.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Say, those Goodyear Wrangler Authority AT's, where did you buy them for $98.00 a piece?

Funny, some people told us that M/T R Kevlar tires in load range E were going to be way to rough for a KJ.
Bla bla bla is all it is!
These tires rock! I wouldn't want a lower load range.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like the tires after a few months? I just got a set for my 07, I am happy thus far.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love them, they ride better than I thought they would. They do better on wet pavement than the stock SR-A's. We have not had any snow yet, but i'm sure they are going to do great. I also love the aggressive look. They do have a little hum to them, but I like it.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find too that they are much better in wet conditions than the SR-A's. We are to get our first big snow tonight, so we'll see tomorrow how they handle...I'm looking forward to it! I also don't mind the hum, I like it.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen several vehicles around with Authority's on them. I have asked a few guys about their tires and they all are happy with them.