winter fronts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tazzsrenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im tossing the idea of putting on a winter front for my liberty this winter as we get the minus 40 weather out here, any one use them? any benifit for the liberty? what kind? Thanks

lbeothuckl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have blizzaks, best damn winter tire I have ever had. Usually I have studded but theses have been great. I'm in Northern BC/ Northern Alberta so we get the -40 and they work well in the low temps. The only time I use the 4x4 is in heavy snow..

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Rad/Grille Winter Cover

The winter cover will help to warm up faster and stay warmer in -40s and provide you better cabin heat. If you find a lack of cabin heat at highways speeds that is the real reason to install one. Around town on shorter drives, maybe not necessary depending on conditions/your temp gauge.
If you are able to use the block heater, that is a complete bonus for start ups as it no longer takes 15+ minutes to reach normal temps and obtain full cabin heat.
I am sure you already know that synthetic oils throughout the engine and diffs etc are advised and recommended for -40.
When ever it is clear and cold, I plug in a 120 volt GM car warmer and keep the interior slightly warmed,to tolerate the interior when I get back in.
If it is snowing I will not run the interior heat as it will ice up doors windows etc.
My old Car Warmer: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3072/2823188743_79c655a777.jpg?v=0 and it still works.
For the grille I made my own cover made out of 3/4 "felt hair pad (covered by Naugahyde) and used zip ties to attach. It isn't pretty, but it works to keep it somewhat toasty. Now how about some insulation in the floors and doors!

Last edited: