window regulator ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MARINEMP

Reaction score
So I think I have a bad window regulator my window just falls down the track and the motor just spins I saw a cord come up out of the window ? Idk im assuming this is the problem . Whats the best/cheapest way to fix this ? Its my front driver side window BTW.

termin8ed

Reaction score
What year is your jeep? There was an extended warentee on some of them and a repair kit available. Lift plate with drive cable. Need to know if you have a pin on glass style or not

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't too hard to fix once you replace that plastic piece with a nice metal one like the Steiger kit that was mentioned.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steiger has lifetime warranty.
Here's the directly to the front window regulator repair kit
Steiger Performance - Jeep Liberty Power Window Regulator Repair Kit

However, note that it costs $100

The one I posted previously from amazon, I just recently bought a rear driver side from the same seller. $30 for 1 year warranty.
Also all metal design as well, steiger rip off basically.

Up to you.

I also used teflon grease on the rail after cleaning it up.
Finish Line - Bicycle Lubricants and Care Products - Premium Grease made with Teflon® fluoropolymer

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the "knock-offs" on the front windows of my Liberty since May of 2012. No issues, and I didn't spend $100/side to fix them. Mine were less than $50 for both sides when I bought them. As mentioned, the choice is yours though. And yes, good lubrication is essential. :)

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the "knock-offs" on the front windows of my Liberty since May of 2012. No issues, and I didn't spend $100/side to fix them. Mine were less than $50 for both sides when I bought them. As mentioned, the choice is yours though. And yes, good lubrication is essential. :)

Which ones and where did you get them?
Mark

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Steiger kit won't fix one that has a broken plastic tube and the worm coming out. That's how both of my fronts failed. The plate was actually still in pretty good shape on both. The one from rock auto is working good in my drivers door. It came with a nice motor making it faster.

Edit: Dorman is the one I got.

Last edited:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure there are some on here who will value that link. Nice to know when something reasonably priced works good.
Mark

chanwmr

Reaction score
I got mine from Auto and Art too. You can go through eBay or directly buy from their site. You can buy one, two or four. Take your pick. The parts are very durable and they are very easy to work with (they sent me a replacement without sending the part back when a screw was missing in the package). The only issue maybe the little screw that they provide being too short but that is very minor. I have had good luck with all of the parts so far.

jsapko

Reaction score
So I think I have a bad window regulator my window just falls down the track and the motor just spins I saw a cord come up out of the window ? Idk im assuming this is the problem . Whats the best/cheapest way to fix this ? Its my front driver side window BTW.

I've replaced three window regulators on my '05 KJ and need to replace a 4th (front passenger). I used bought mine from 1AAuto.com for about $70/each.

Search Results for window regulator - 1A Auto

They also have installation videos that help a bunch.