will p255-70-r16 fit without lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Outlaw

Reaction score
need tires for inspection and was thinking of putting the set of p255-70-r16 that i had for my f150 on the 04 liberty it if they will fit without further mods

r-zizzy

Reaction score
i have the 02 liberty sport 4wd. i got 16x10" wheels, what tires do i need to get for them to fit either stock or with a 2.5" lift?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 02 liberty sport 4wd. i got 16x10" wheels, what tires do i need to get for them to fit either stock or with a 2.5" lift?

You can not fit a tire on that rim that will
work with an IFS KJ
You would need a tire that is at least 12.5" wide
To stay on the rim when aired down

For perspective I run an 11.5" wide tire
on a 7" wide wheel
I think they are 7" may be 8"
They are stock TJ wheels
I can air down to 12psi and not loose a bead

GTF

Reaction score
My 03' had 255/70R16 tires on the stock wheels when I bought it. Rubbed a little in the front and at the pinch weld when the wheel was cranked.

Long story short, my KJ now has 235/70R16 Cooper AT3's on it. Speedometer reads correctly, doesn't rub, and handles better. Don't bother with those tires, not worth the trouble. They're hardly any larger, don't really look any better, screw up your speedo reading and hurt the fuel economy.