Will a 2007 jeep liberty gas tank fit in a 2005?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vaksanov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the nipples on the evap system broke off and I accidentally blocked it when trying to fix. My gas is burping really bad even on lowest setting so I just went and got a used tank from an 07 I think (PN: 52129435AA) but the parts manual lists 05 tank as a PN: 52128911AG. The tank that I bought was listed as a 2005 one so I didn't pay attention when I got it, so when I got home I looked at it to double check and saw that according to the PN it was from 2007.
It looks the same but I am not sure if it will work, there are no hoses on it so I don't want to mess with those and find out it wouldn't work.
Does anyone know if it will work?

P.S. the second PN on the tank I bought is 52128922AH which I think matches up with 2005

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That really is a question for a dealer and confirm that part #s cross over from an 05 to an 07. They should be able to advise better.

I just cringe personally when I hear the words 2007, they are like a different animal, with many different "improved" ? parts.

AS far as external parts or the EVAP system, you are going to have to fix that stuff too.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really is a question for a dealer and confirm that part #s cross over from an 05 to an 07. They should be able to advise better.

I just cringe personally when I hear the words 2007, they are like a different animal, with many different "improved" ? parts.

AS far as external parts or the EVAP system, you are going to have to fix that stuff too.

Bleh, no ragging on 07's. Chrysler is just nutsy notorious for some reason that they produce a part for so long, then ''improve'' it with a new part number, and do it again after couple years. It was killing me when I was looking for the Cruise Control buttons because there are about fifteen different part numbers for the buttons, and about 13 of them have been ''discontinued''. Just like for some odd reason they have front mud guards still available but rear mud guards have been discontinued. I was lucky and got them both online. Most people here who have been following my Rear Fog conversion, know of the Tail Lamp part number ordeal which I still can't figure out.....

Latest posts

Members online