Will 235/75R16 fit stock KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtnfoke

Reaction score
I am considering a tire size 235/75R16 for a stock KJ that isn't listed on the fit chart posted here. It is .8 inches wider at 9.3" and 1.2 inches taller at 29.9" than the OEM size of 215/75R16 which is 8.5" wide and 28.7" tall. I know it's a standard load rated tire but am of the opinion that this will probably give a better ride than the heavier load rated tires on a vehicle as light as the KJ. This size is not available in all tires but is in a couple that I have in mind. Does anyone know if the size fits without rubbing or if there is an advantage to instead going with the 225/75R16 or 245/70R16 that is discussed in other posts here. By the way this is listed as an optional size for the stock Liberty on the Dicount Tire website discounttire.com if you search by vehicle year, make and model but then so is the 255/70R16 so I'm not sure of the accuracy since the claim on this forum is that this size will rub on a stock KJ.
Thanks in advance, Brian

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently running 235/70 Geolanders on my KJ with no problems. Here is a comparison I did on AutoCAD to see how they differ in size.
You must be registered for see images

It looks like the 235/75 would work - they are larger in diameter but not as wide as the 245/70. My guess is that your only problem might be at full stuff, and even then the 235/75s are only 0.2 inches taller. Of course, this is a perfect scenario, but tires vary from brand to brand. Does anyone else have any thoughts on these tires?