Why al's A-arms help alignment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture to sum up why al's A-arms help with the alignment and also even push out the front wheels as opposed to the original arms. I wish I would have taken a picture of how cranked the sway bar links looked before too because now they are straight up and down at normal. This pic shows it with Al's A-arms installed and where the lower arms WERE adjusted before with the factor uppers.

You must be registered for see images

Don't want this to sound like an endorsement, but it does. :shrug:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but now with the A-Arms my alignment adjustments are maxed out on one side so I'm getting more wear on one of my tires.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but now with the A-Arms my alignment adjustments are maxed out on one side so I'm getting more wear on one of my tires.

The old saying goes, "you have other problems" and one of those might be the shop. but I don't know your story.

What adjustment is maxed out?

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I got lucky. I have boilers plates a just a hair of clevis as you can see in the pic. I've seen the extra adjustment thing before but now realize just what it is for.

Just the solid feel I have now after the a-arms gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.:smokin:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
With Boiler's 3/8 top plate spacer, 2 conduit clevis, in my situation, the JBA Gen 4.5 A-Arms were absolutely necessary as the OME 927 spring was making contact with stock upper control arm.
It would have been worse if I had carved out the pockets as well.
40213[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

In the photo below, it is hard to see, but the 4.5 a-arm is designed outwards away from spring, and now there is clearance, and no more spring contact going on.
40215[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

A hint regarding alignment for the KJ (from Troy) start by zeroing the cam bolts first, then do alignment.

Attachments

• JeepJackwithBlocks5.jpg
    JeepJackwithBlocks5.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 0
  • NoSpringContactNow.jpg
    NoSpringContactNow.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 0

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A hint regarding alignment for the KJ (from Troy) start by zeroing the cam bolts first, then do alignment.

Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by zeroing them?

1. bolt center high, even right to left
-or-
2. bolt center low, even right to left
-or-
3. bolt center innermost, even up to down
-or-
4. bolt center outermost, even up to down