Who takes pictures of all their cars/installs?

Do you take pictures of everything car related?

• What's a camera?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take a few pics, nothing much.

• I'm not photogenic.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious of who is like me that takes pics of everything. I have pictures of every car I have ever owned (except my first one, nothing to speak of) and take pics of almost every install, job I do with them. I have each car in it's own folder. Currently I have 450 pictures in these folders. So here's a poll...and pictures of each car I have owned.

My second car, 1993 Probe GT Iloved this car, still miss it, I owned it twice, bought it back off the next owner after he blew a headgasket.
You must be registered for see images

My first 4x4, and the most reliable vehicle I've had so far, 1994 Ranger 4.0 4x4

While owned the Ranger I bought this, a 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, with a blown motor, put a new motor in it, wheels, custom interior, then sold that as well.

Traded that in on my 1997 Explorer, which I bought stock and did a few things to it, mostly suspension.

While owning the Explorer, I played with a couple more project cars. 1992 Probe GT turbo, a 1990 Mazda MX-6 turbo, and that's when I bought my first Probe GT back and resold it.
Had to part out the Probe for title reasons.

So I bought this car which needed painted and an engine, and donated the Probe parts into that...this is after it was done.

Working on the 2G Probe after buying it back.

Sold the Explorer after reliability problems, bought this ZX2 with an R-title and helped the guy I was buying off of finish it, I decided to lower it and put wheels and things on it while I was at it. I only drove this car 3 days before returning it because of the shady suspension work he did and after waiting 3 months to get it.

I bought my Ranger sort of in a hurry after waiting so long for that ZX2. I wish I hadn't hurried to buy it, ended up having a lot of hidden problems that I normally would've caught, but didn't because I was in a hurry.

And that's what I traded on my Jeep of course.

Just thought I'd share, so who else takes pictures of everything like I do?

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my second car, a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero. I absolutley loved this car, but my life got all changed around at the beginning of the summer when I changed schools (and subsequently lifestyles) and decided that having a fancy fast car isn't all that great. I still miss this car though (it's only been about a month or so) and if I had the money, I would buy it back in a heartbeat. But I don't have the money, so now I have my fun having a fast road bicycle.
You must be registered for see images attach

I then sold it to get my JK Rubicon. I finally found a buyer for my Saab and a week later had this:

Back before I left Daniel Webster College, I bought a motorcycle to commute on. It gets great mileage, but it turns out that riding a motorcycle isn't as fun as it looks. It was absolutley 100% a transportation tool, not something I went out and rode for fun. It's a 2006 Yamaha YZF-R6S, and it's for sale...anyone want it? Only 615 miles!

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Snowgodccr, looks like you made some good decisions. Saab was nice, but I've learned that cars like that only serve the purpose of getting waxed and occasionally driven ******* road. I was thinking over the weekend while I was on the quads how sad it is all the people who never have the opportunity to get offroad and see all the areas you could never get to in a car.

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Hey Snowgodccr, looks like you made some good decisions. Saab was nice, but I've learned that cars like that only serve the purpose of getting waxed and occasionally driven ******* road. I was thinking over the weekend while I was on the quads how sad it is all the people who never have the opportunity to get offroad and see all the areas you could never get to in a car.

Exactly...but the other thing was that it had an IMMACULATE ride quality, despite its incredible roadholding. I was really missing her this weekend on the 600 mile drive to Ottawa from here...we only saw a handfull of police cars so the trip could have been MUCH shorter had we been in my saab. Of course, I wouldn't be able to drive anywhere I wanted to if that were the case \:D/ . Its an awful comprimise.

There were a few things that influenced the decision- namley my warranty expiring at 50K in september. 2 weeks later, the check engine light came on. I decided that I couldn't afford to be repairing a $40K car while I'm in school, so I started trying to unload it. Plus, I started picking up my active outdoor life again, and wanted something that I didn't mind getting dirty all the time on the inside (and consequently, outside). It sure was a nice car. I still have one of the keys and could go snatch her from the used car lot that I sold her to if I wanted to [-X :-$ ....I keep meaning to bring that down there....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like that silver Rubi - and of course the red KJ.

I used to take pictures, but my camera broke a couple of years ago and I just never replaced it. But now I have a cell phone that will take pictures and make a phone call too. How about that!!!

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've taken pics of every vehicle I've owned, but until recently they were not taken with a digital camera. So, I have no way of showing them because I don't have a scanner. ](*,) Anyway, I traded this 2004 Ford Ranger in on my Jeep this past Labor Day. I kinda miss it, it was the only 4wd I've ever had and it was a blast.

[/img]
[/img]

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thecause17 said:
While owned the Ranger I bought this, a 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE, with a blown motor, put a new motor in it, wheels, custom interior, then sold that as well.

Sweet RX-7. I once owned two... an '80 GS, and an '84 GSL-SE. I loved the '84. I had to sell it when I got married. They were money pits (that I loved). They were so much fun to drive in the Colorado Rockies. I almost bought an RX-8 instead of the TJ.

Anyway, ever since getting a digital camera, I take photos of my Jeeps all the time. Plus I take the camera to car shows, and even the dealer... LOL

SnowgodCCR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pakjrenegade said:
how much for the bike

Sold already, to a dealer at a HUGE loss. Sorry ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) . I wanted somewhere in the $7500 neighborhood since it's more or less new, and they gave me $5600 [-( . But now it's out of the garage, which means more room for my bikes and snowboards.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
thecause17 said:

Sweet RX-7. I once owned two... an '80 GS, and an '84 GSL-SE. I loved the '84. I had to sell it when I got married. They were money pits (that I loved). They were so much fun to drive in the Colorado Rockies. I almost bought an RX-8 instead of the TJ.

Anyway, ever since getting a digital camera, I take photos of my Jeeps all the time. Plus I take the camera to car shows, and even the dealer... LOL

hello Michael knight! :) i like that

RAYMAN1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i take TONS of pics :)

first car was 1990 Honda Prelude Si

lowered it with H&R sport springs and tokico struts, got a header, still had the 14" stock sawblade wheels. i painted em black, always switched back and forth between the white 18's and the stock 14's. kinda liked the 14s better(can post a pic if you want with the black 14" sawblades)

that car was rearended, broke the left taillight and messed up the bumper cover and steel bumper, but not really any sheetmetal damage. his insurance fixed it

then, idk, maybe a year later, in a 25mph zone someone t-boned it spinning me 180*, they didnt total it, but it was 2600 in damage, so i kept that money and then sold it for 900.

then sold it to a teen, he rearended somebody in it, so i have a pic of the side damage and front damage, it was sad to see it like that

while i had the white honda, after i paid it off, i bought a 1989 jeep wrangler sahara, 5-speed, 4.2L I6, hard top and soft top, awesome jeep
, had 2 sets of wheels and tires

got stuck lol

well the white honda is gone, so, i used that money to buy another 89 honda prelude, this time a 5-speed with 4WheelSteering, no rust, florida car, TONS of new parts. so i had the red honda and the wrangler

then because of the bad gas milage on the jeep, and lack of dash heat vents, i traded a guy for a 97 camry XLE, v6, leather, moonroof, heated mirrors, keyless entry, badass car(now i feel stupid for getting rid of the wrangler, but the cold, the noise, got kinda old for a daily driver, but now want it back lol)

well the camry was awesome, but missed having a jeep, so i traded the camry in at the dealer for my 02 liberty renegade with 27k miles. used what they gave me for the camry for the down payment

well i loved all my cars, i love my liberty, dont regret getting it, but miss the camry and wrangler now lol. they were really nice cars

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
grogiefrog said:
thecause17 said:

hello Michael knight! :) i like that

Haha, believe me that's not the first time I've heard that one.