White smoke from exhaust.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys, today when i turned on my car it started emitting a lot of white smoke i pushed the pedal and it emitted more with a really bad smell, after some time i turned off the car and turned back on and there is no more white smoke, what do you think it happened ? is it something dangerous ? there is no check engine or anything on the dashboard ? so what do you think its the problem ? and do you know a way to diagnose it ?
Best Regards thank you.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mmm white smoke is a sign of coolant leak if im not mistaken.
head gasket issues?

check coolant for oil

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually coolant, Especially if there is lots, If there is very little smoke it could simply be condensation build up but if there is lots I would check it out asap, Could be an issue like a blown head gasket, a damaged cylinder head or a cracked engine block, I would check the coolant level when safe to do so and check the oil to see if its foamy or any signs of coolant mixing with oil if it were the head gasket.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay here what happened exactly the whole story:

2 weeks ago my transmission got broken so i sent it for whole replace, after 1 week of working the mechanic called me and told me we replaced the transmission system you got come take it, after after driving it for 1 day, the check engine lighted on, so i took it for scanning, and it showed that the TPS is malfunctioning, we replaced the TPS, the check engine light turned on again and i was 100KM away from home,and when i came back i took it to the mechanic and scanned it again, it showed TPS high voltage, so again we replaced the TPS, the check engine light turned off, then the next day i went back to my work which is 100KM away, and on my way there the check engine light on again i kept driving till i reached my work, then i self checked the error and it was P0551, i check the internet and it showed that its something with steering wheel oil pressure, then i looked for images to see the location and when i went down under my car, the steering wheel oil pressure was unplugged, so i plugged it back and i noticed another plug is unplugged so i plugged it back too but i didn't know what it's for so i took a picture to show you up guys here the picture below:

You must be registered for see images attach

then i turned on the car and the check engine light kept lighting with the same error code, so i unplugged the battery and plugged it back and the engine light went off, so i turned on the car and took it for a drive, while i was parking near my friends place i noticed heavy white smoke coming out of the exhaust i kept the car turned on and went to take a look at it, it was a lot of white smoke with a really bad smell, i turned of the car then on, and went back to my place to diagnose the problem and the white smoke disappeared and never came back even till now.

long story i know but i need to put up every detail, thank you for the help.

Last edited:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the automatic transmission use a vacuum solenoid in these vehicles?

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No i don't think its the electric radiator fan.

Last edited:

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define "very bad smell"...sweet or sulphur?

If sweet, it's coolant. If sulphur (bad eggs), it's unburned gas eating up your cats.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Define "very bad smell"...sweet or sulphur?

If sweet, it's coolant. If sulphur (bad eggs), it's unburned gas eating up your cats.
no its not sweet its sulphur i think, so what i'm supposed to do to stop this from happening again ?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your plugs and coils. If the plugs haven't been changed in the last 30,000 miles, change them now. NGK copper core. Check the coils for any carbon tracking inside.

Next option is leaking fuel injector(s). Plugs and coils are easier.

ZiadKiwan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check your plugs and coils. If the plugs haven't been changed in the last 30,000 miles, change them now. NGK copper core. Check the coils for any carbon tracking inside.

Next option is leaking fuel injector(s). Plugs and coils are easier.

what do you mean by plugs and coils ?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your spark plugs and the coils that fit over top of them. If you don't know what I mean, take it to a mechanic.

sha

Reaction score
Usually coolant, Especially if there is lots, If there is very little smoke it could simply be condensation build up but if there is lots I would check it out asap, Could be an issue like a blown head gasket, a damaged cylinder head or a cracked engine block, I would check the coolant level when safe to do so and check the oil to see if its foamy or any signs of coolant mixing with oil if it were the head gasket.

Sorry for getting in this old thread but I have the same issue, very heavy smoke from 3.7 Jeep with miss fire. Oil is good, coolant is low but doesn't look mixed, could be little mix but not clear. Any idea? Thanks