White bedliner roof, Super ******** or Superbly Stupid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markc

Reaction score
Why do people keep bringing that up. It's a myth!
Noticeable weight? Cmon dude....it's mostly psychological me thinks Probably wind drag....

Dude, its not psychological, nor a myth, it called physics. So it's only a few pounds, 3-4 as TJKJ2002 posted. Probably not going to notice anything, but maybe a dip in mpg, maybe not. Like I posted, it was a negative I had heard about from someone who had done it to their entire SUV, larger than a Libby. It would add a little wind drag, but that may or may not be noticable either. Just posting some info for the brother, something to consider.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it's only a few pounds, 3-4 as TJKJ2002 posted. Probably not going to notice anything, but maybe a dip in mpg, maybe not. Like I posted, it was a negative I had heard about from someone who had done it to their entire SUV, larger than a Libby. It would add a little wind drag, but that may or may not be noticable either. Just posting some info for the brother, something to consider.

but you said "it added a lot of noticeable weight" even 50# would not be considered "a lot of noticeable weight". That's what I'm picking on :party52:

Sorry to get off topic Kitty....go for it, someone made a good point about white and the sun factor....
Nevermind the FJ, most of us have Durango shocks and are lifted like monster trucks lol

Last edited:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen and I'm sorry if this has been mentioned in this post before but yesterday saw a boss 302 mustang (very good looking) and looking at a ford flex right now that both have white roofs. I think it would look alright.

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a project for when we have one of those winter hot spells here in vegas when instead of 40 it is 75, lol.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U.S. Chemical & Plastics

Lighter weight,very good UV protection(can vouch for that personally),and a DIY kit if you have a good compressor(special gun required,$20,and compressor with at least 14cfm output).

Reviving an old thread here, but is the stuff you used on your roof the same as on the flares? How is it holding up after so many years?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here, but is the stuff you used on your roof the same as on the flares? How is it holding up after so many years?
Yep that stuff is sprayed on everything that I bedlined on my KJ.Holds up great.

Remember I have a Limited so my flares came painted to match which made prep much easier.If you have sport flares(textured non-painted) there is alot more prep involved to make it last.

92fox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha...did not realize you had a Limited. I definitely want to get this done to mine, including the roof (I like the look more than anything)...debating if I want to do it myself or have a professional do it. Thanks for the response

Members online

No members online now.