Which wheels and tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjfan18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I was looking into getting some new wheels and tires. What I would like to know is which soft 8's to get for a unlifted 03 kj. 16x7 with the 4'' BS or the 16x8 with the 5'' BS. Ive read alot of posts but none of them seem to answer my question. And also should I go 235/75/16 or like a 245/70/16 or something completely different. Also If moab wheels will fit with a different tire other than the goodyear mtr like a bfg at in the sizes I mentioned above. Thanks for any imput.:)

BillyBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't know much about tires so I can't help you. I guess I also have a tire question, I have the following that came with my vehicle, and well, I just got it not too long ago so I am hoping not to spend a fortune. Do you think that the wrangler hp tires I have would survive a winter, just with standard city driving, or should I invest in good tires. Keep in mind, I don't travel lots in the winter, except for work (city driving, short distances), and don't want to go crazy on tires for lack of $$$ :)

wildrussian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cragars 16x7 with 4" backspace is better choice from what I read. If you want wheel sticking out past the fender flairs you can go with 16x8. As for driving in the winter if your tires are not bald and you think they will get some traction on the road I think you'll be fine.

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 05 came with the original HP spare. They look to be a decent tire when new so I would give them a try. Actually wishing Carmax would have put those on instead of the Kuhmo's KR21 when they put new tires on it. The HP looks like its a little beefier. Anybody want to trade? LOL