Which U-Joint should I order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcode68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to replace the U-Joints in my daughter's 2006 Liberty 4x4 with Auto transmission. I generally find RockAuto to have the best prices and am getting ready to order a bunch of other stuff from them as well. Can you help me order the right parts? There are so many listed, I just want to make sure I get the right parts and avoid down time. Thanks!

Jcode68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but am looking for a part number or specification. Rockauto lists so many, some are various sizes I'm not sure which to order. I generally like Moog parts, which they sell. I'm not sure if the same u-joint is used at both the transmission and diff sides or if they are different. Help appreciated, trying to place my order tonight.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Takes the same one front and rear of the driveshaft.
2003s takes the larger ujoints, they down sized them in 04 or maybe midyear 03 not sure exactly on that
But if you type in your year etc it should bring the proper ones up.
I don't deal with ordering on line with something like that just go to NAPA , and walk out with what I want

Jcode68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the info Tom. Have a local NAPA and will see if they have it in stock.

ElCheapo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the time you pay shipping from Rock, you'll spend just as much as buying local, will have it now, plus easier return if it's wrong.
I have, and plan to again, buy higher dollar items from Rock, (spent about $300 recently) but minor items I get local.

k99jk99j

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful! The manual transmission takes a different u-joing than the automatic at the transfer case. Ask me how i know!