Which Magnaflow to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have an 05 with the 3.7L engine. What Magnaflow muffler model number should i get and what are the measurements for my rig. I want to buy this in the next few days and hopefully have it on by the weekend. Thanks for the help.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in a Flowmaster 40 Delta, they had to add in about 18 inches of pipe as the muffler is shorter than the stocker. Same with the Magnaflows unless you get the big SUV/RV models. Measurements depend on the model/type you get. There are the short ones like I got, gives me a little more clearance while wheelin' and I put it back further so the rear wheels protect it, a mid sized model, and the big ones noted above.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also i would like to keep costs down and try to do this myself. are the mufflers clamped on or will welding be required? and which is the best magnaflow muffler as far as sound goes? i do not want to deal with interior droning from the muffler either. and the offroading clearence is a factor as well cuz i like to use my jeep for what it was made for. please give me your thoughts. those dimensions would be nice too.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to have my Flowmaster swagged a bit and welded in. The Magnaflow isn't as popular, some complain it sounds to much like a rice burner 4. Flowmaster 40 and especially 50s are more popular. Center inlet and offset outlet is the type you want, whatever you get.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like i had originally stated which Magnaflow model number is everyone running and what are the dimensions i should get to fit my libby? thanks.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not that hard partner, it's a 2 1/2 inch muffler, center inlet, offset outlet. Not much to screw up. Look at the pictures on the website. Measure your original and make sure you don't buy one longer or thicker if you want offroad clearance. I put my FlowMaster all the way in the back when I cut the original out so that the rear wheels will ride up on obstacles before the muffler snags up, but you can do what you think best.
The original runs almost back to the bend in the pipe going over the axle. I kept in the original flange, others have cut it out and welded in eveything solid.
Have faith in yourself, you can't screw this thing up, or just go to a shop and have them order and install for about $120. $40 or so is the weld job.
Don't try to weld stainless mufflers to your steel pipes, get the steel one.