Where do you wheel your Libby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pipeliner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have too much gear in the back and it weights the rear down. I want to find a way to lift the rear up some more to try and even it out with the front.

Airbags. These are Australian (seen the exchange rate recently?) but there must be a US supplier of a similar product.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... I only have photos of my last vacations...

Volcanos, lagoons and rivers ...
You must be registered for see images attach

I wish I has more time for wheeling (and more bucks for modding :D )

Cheers! :)

DryBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took mine geocaching up Shenandoah Mountain in WV this past saturday.

pipeliner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world. The beach is called 70 mile beach for obvious reasons!

Unfortunately the sand dunes are off limits for obvious environmental reasons.

You must be registered for see images

Always check the state of the bottom before entering water! It was almost quicksand under there.

Last edited:

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow those are great pictures! i wonder how much it would cost to fly myself and my KJ to wheel at all these places? might be worth it! :D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wheel a lot on city streets and parking lots. Of course none of these have any pavement!

I work for an Engineer/Surveyor and constantly have to go out on the job site. Before I got the Libby I'd park out on the existing road and walk in to talk to the contractors. Now I drive right on up to the area they are working. The other day I was at a truck stop we are building and parked in the middle of the job site. After I left they buried two cement trucks in the area I was parked.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day I was at a truck stop we are building and parked in the middle of the job site. After I left they buried two cement trucks in the area I was parked.

when you say buried do you mean they got stuck in the mud not literally buried, RIP? If they were literally buried what kind of job site were you on and were there people in those trucks they buried?:eek:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I sometimes wheel down over rocks, and then up over rocks and even sometimes through the flower bed next to the garage!

Attachments

• DBF KJs 016.jpg
    DBF KJs 016.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DBF KJs 005.jpg
    DBF KJs 005.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Lil KJ 003.jpg
    Lil KJ 003.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 24

pipeliner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two ferries to Fraser Island, one from Rainbow Beach and the other from Hervey Bay - and at both places there are car wash businesses which offer a fresh water underbody power wash.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
We head out towards Whistler/ Blackcomb area (Two of the top 5 ski resorts in the world and also the host to the 2010 Winter Olympics) The Coast Mountains. Pemberton (Pemberton valley),Lillooet,Seaton Portage,Poison mountain, Bralorne, Gold Bridge.

Too much to list really.

pipeliner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called Maxtrax and are designed and made here in Queensland. Not cheap (~AU$280 a pair) but worth every cent in situations like that illustrated. As I said the bottom was like quicksand, but once the snatch got us onto the Maxtrax we just drove out.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
That happened to my ma and pa and I back in 1978 in a Ford F350 Van on the coast of Oregon.
If it wasn't for a drunk Indian (Literally!) in his totally done 440 c.i.d. 4X4 Dodge Power Wagon with winch, my parents would of certainly lost their van!
That Power Wagon was awesome!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you say buried do you mean they got stuck in the mud not literally buried, RIP? If they were literally buried what kind of job site were you on and were there people in those trucks they buried?:eek:

Yea, I mean they where buried to their axles in the mud. This wasn't one of our Cemetery projects!

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called Maxtrax and are designed and made here in Queensland. Not cheap (~AU$280 a pair) but worth every cent in situations like that illustrated. As I said the bottom was like quicksand, but once the snatch got us onto the Maxtrax we just drove out.

How do those things work in mud and snow? The website of course says they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.