Where are all the Trac-Locs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tightwadsjeeper said:
I know that they had to SEARCH to find what I insisted was mandatory..... which was

1) 4x4 (only ~ 1/4 were 4x4 down here in Florida)
2) Tow Pkg. (was on about 1/5 of the 3.7L engine models)
3) Trac-Loc (There was only one on the dealers lot with this.. and it was a Limited)
4) Silver or the light Blue (can't remember what it's called... Atlantic Blue?)

WITHOUT all the high end options (ie. Limited, CRD, Adventure pkg, Chrome pkg, etc.)....

The only one that met my criteria also had the Sirius radio.... so I wound up with that as well.

Luis

I bought the only other in Fl. With the the first three options, 4x4, Tow pkg, and lsd. Glad I did.

Tom D

Reaction score
When I was looking for mine back in July ('05) it seemed like the majority of them, especially the 4X4s here in south Texas had the LSD.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur going to be driving in the snow and u dont know how to drive with a lsd, then i would stay away from them. In the snow, its really better to have good tires, and stay in 4 wheel drive. But for ppl that are used to lsd's then i would go for it if ur driving in the snow. A lsd is alot harder to drive and its very easy to find urself turned around heading the other way if ur in a slippery condition, even in 4wd.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess we are lucky Down Under

we get Track Lock LSD, Selectrac t/fer case, Side curtain air bags , Rear fog lights , In glass antenna,power fold in mirrors even on the base sport models, \:D/

PitViper

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky to live in Houston. There where 4 on the lot where I bought my 05' renegade that had everything I wanted. 4x4, tow package, LSD, and skid plates. And just down I45 a few more miles I had about 6 more to pick from.

melted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking, the only CRDs to be found on any dealer's lot had Trac-Loc and the trailer hitch.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
LSD

I am with you on the finding what you want on a dealer lot. I wanted a 6sp and LSD, but could not find that combo anywhere after having them do a 500 mile search. I had them go almost 300 miles to get my 6spd.

**Update** I just posted a 8.25 Truetrac in the for sale section...

matford

Reaction score
I've got one... After taking it over a 13000 foot mountain pass in the rockies, I'd say it was worth the extra money.

Latest posts

Members online