Wheels for stock KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fur Trapper

Reaction score
I saw that sticky post on offsets, backspace, moonspace etc, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

My brother asked me if I did much wheeling on the curbs at the mall with my new KJ so I thought I'd begin making it look less like a chick's jeep, as he put it.

I ordered the tee-clamps to make some crossbars from this thread so I can add a roof basket.

I'm also looking at some new wheels but I have no idea which would work for a stock 2003 limited. I have no lift on it and don't plan to do one anytime soon.

The wheels I am looking at are Black Rocks. Anyone more knowledgable care to take a look and tell me the size I should get? The 16x7 5 on 4.5" seem to me to be the correct ones, but I think the backspacing might be wrong.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that sticky post on offsets, backspace, moonspace etc, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

My brother asked me if I did much wheeling on the curbs at the mall with my new KJ so I thought I'd begin making it look less like a chick's jeep, as he put it.

I ordered the tee-clamps to make some crossbars from this thread so I can add a roof basket.

I'm also looking at some new wheels but I have no idea which would work for a stock 2003 limited. I have no lift on it and don't plan to do one anytime soon.

The wheels I am looking at are Black Rocks. Anyone more knowledgable care to take a look and tell me the size I should get? The 16x7 5 on 4.5" seem to me to be the correct ones, but I think the backspacing might be wrong.

The 16 x 7 with 4 inches bs will fit with a lift but will rub without. the stock rim size is more ideal, unless your completely sick of them i would go for more agressive rubber first. if your are not planning on a lift soon 245 70 16 will fit and are the largest. can get duratracs in 225 75 16 if your into that.

Fur Trapper

Reaction score
The 16 x 7 with 4 inches bs will fit with a lift but will rub without. the stock rim size is more ideal, unless your completely sick of them i would go for more agressive rubber first. if your are not planning on a lift soon 245 70 16 will fit and are the largest. can get duratracs in 225 75 16 if your into that.

I was going to do wheels and tires at the same time. I'd do a lift but I'd want larger tires at the same time as the lift and that might be out of my pocket money budget- I'd have to save a bit first.