Wheel/Tire fitment?? Simple question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been looking for a new used set of tires for my 02 Sport, all stock suspension. I found a pretty decent deal on 5 wheels/tires size 225/65 17 which is what I have on the Jeep now (wifey slid into a curb and cracked the stock 16"). But my simple question is they are currently on a 02 Grand Cherokee, I can only imagine that they should bolt right up. Just wondering if the bolt pattern/back spacing are close and no I do not know the b/a of the new wheels yet, I will have to check it out when I see the wheels. So any advice would greatly be appreciated & thanks!!

gatortail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 2002 grand Cherokee bolt pattern is 5 on 5 inch with high positive offset. the 2002 liberty is 5 4 1/2 bolt . so they wont fit.

Dimebag

Reaction score
Thanks for the good advice, hard to believe that Mopar would use that many different bolt patterns for the same year and not that much of a different platform...of well back to the hunt for new to me tires on the cheap!!!

gatortail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bolt pattern we have 5 on 4 1/2 is the most common.. wrangler, Cherokee, and older grand Cherokee rims will fit. should be able to pick them up very cheap. but most are 15"s.