wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering hom much of a toll 1" wheel spacers would take on wheel bearings, if any significant toll at all. im sure in the life of the bearings they would contribute some kind of premature wear...

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would you want to install them?
are you having rubbing issues?

I can not see them causing issues with the bearings any more than wheels
with less back spacing

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive thought about this for some time in the past and wheel spacers will put more pressure on the bearings than a rim with less BS would. It really depends on how the rim is made and where the spokes mount to the outer part of the wheel.

I dont much like spacers at all.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just think my jeep would look better with a wider stance. when i really upgrade my wheels i want to get wider ones as well, but i was just curious about the spacers. I race r/c cars and trucks (not so much lately) and i know what widening the width of a car through the wheels does to bearings. however a complete set of 4 wheel bearings would only cost $20-$30, im afraid to even think about a 1:1 wheel bearing lol.

hood297

Reaction score
I have been running 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers for 2 years and 35,000 miles, no ill effects, no wheelbearing wear.

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I race r/c cars and trucks (not so much lately

threadjacked.gif

Me too. What do you run? I've always been electric Team Associated. I run an old T3 with a Mamba Max 7700. I got my 2 boys (9 and 11 yrs old) two of the old RC10T Aluminum chassis trucks. Virtually indestructible trucks for them to learn with. Then my 11 yr old bought an RC18MT and put a Mamba in it too.

OK. Back on Topic now...

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
threadjacked.gif

Me too. What do you run? I've always been electric Team Associated. I run an old T3 with a Mamba Max 7700. I got my 2 boys (9 and 11 yrs old) two of the old RC10T Aluminum chassis trucks. Virtually indestructible trucks for them to learn with. Then my 11 yr old bought an RC18MT and put a Mamba in it too.

OK. Back on Topic now...
sweet, I'm an Associated guy too. I've had probably one of everything in the 6 or 7 years ive been doing it. i used to have an rc18b with a mamba 6800 on a 3s lipo; scary fast,it probably was pushin 50mph. Monster GT, all of the rc18 mutations, 6 rc10gt's, a nitro tc3 and a b4. ive traded/sold many many others from every major brand. and of course nothing was ever left stock. my current stable includes a revo 2,5R that i rebuilt completely and turned it into a revo 3.3 (i raced the most with that one) XTM X-term 2 1/8 buggy, Monster GT, RC10GT, Micro-t and a Savage with the 3 speed of course. Jeep mods have consumed my R/C money lol I want a Traxxas Slash bad though. So any way back to these wheel spacers, I dont think i'll actually get them (i say that now but who knows what the future holds) If i like the way my jeep looks after the 8 inch wheels i may decide I don't need them.

AJ'S KJ

Reaction score
I want spidertrax spacers too but i can find anybody that will ship to Canada or any retailers in Canada :(