Wheel bearing Cost Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano4003

Reaction score
So I had my right rear bearing let go, well with 157K on them, I had both of them changed. The service guy gave me a ***** and and said "why change the other one it's not damaged?" and I replied Murphy's Law. So they changed both bearings, and what I though a complete rear brake job, like both sides. It seems that they only changed the right brake. So last night, I lost the left side, grinding and it looks like it might have taken out the rotor as well....

So this time I am going to do the repairs myself....

Prays would be nice....

Thanks

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might look at your invoice and see if they show they replaced both sides, or not. If its work they performed, take it back and have them fix it. Brake pads and shoes come in sets for both wheels on an axle. The only exception Ive seen thus far has been parking brake shoes from some manufacturers, ie brake best(oreillys) P brake shoes for Silverados are just one side, despite what the catalog says, while Wagner sells them as a pair. It definately was a good call on your part to ask for bearings to be replaced on both sides while apart. There isnt that much more labor on a C clip axle once its apart to do the other side.

Latest posts

Members online