wheel balancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if a rim has a bunch of wheel balancing weight on it while the other 3 rims have very little; does that affect anything? I ask this because when I got my Mastercraft AT2s, after leaving the shop I noticed a vibration so I went back to have them rebalanced. They added a bunch of weight to one wheel and said it was all set. I left again and noticed the vibration and went back again and they found it to be a bad tire and replaced it but left the weight on. I am going back there for an alignment after having suspension work done and am wondering if I should have a rebalancing done to get rid of the excess weight or not worry about it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If done right they would remove all of the weight that was on before and then do a balance on it again.
I have seen some lazy techs though who would leave on what was there and then add more. If in doubt have them check it

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree completely with tom. You should have a wheel rebalanced every time you have a tire dismounted I.e repair a puncture, mount new tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk