What's next for the KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rukusjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think is next for the KK? New models such as a "Rocky Mountain" edition? "Columbia"? Maybe dare I say a "Rubicon" edition? :D

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing a better engine. The Liberty lost MotorTrend's SUV Of The Year partially due to a lack of acceleration and the dashboards. I know I wouldn't complain if Jeep listened to MotorTrend on this one, even though MotorTrend is biased.

MotorTrend quote "Ultimately, the Liberty doesn't score higher because the powertrain (it desperately needs the 255-horse, 4.0-liter V-6) and dash layout missed the mark. Although Jeep engineers have made huge strides in on-road feel, those two issues keep the Liberty from the top spot."

nchorselover55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having just bought the KK, it'll be a long time before I start thinking of buying a new one. -got four year to pay on this one anyway- Maybe by then they'll have the Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor powering the Flux Capacitor and getting some better mileage:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think is next for the KK? New models such as a "Rocky Mountain" edition? "Columbia"? Maybe dare I say a "Rubicon" edition? :D

I think the only edition I would bet on is the Renegade as was previously mentioned.

A "Rubicon" would be wishful thinking as it is reserved for the wrangler models. But lets see, how about the JK drivetrain (complete with SFA and lockers with Dana 44's and the Rubi Rock Trac t-case and the 4.0Liter v6) hmmmmmm....wait.....can you just cut off a KK unibody and bolt it to a JK frame???:D

Dave

Bravosarah

Reaction score
I forgot to mention the CRD. I would have bought that instead if it were available, I might actually sell my KK and buy a CRD in a few years if they decide to make one.

BTW, I really like the dash. Looks nice and stays clean. My Jetta has what 'professionals' call a nice dash, soft plastic everywhere, but it's a dust magnet. The KK dash is clean even though I work in a dirty environment and when it does get dirty I just use Wet Ones to wipe off dirt and grime easily.

airbornekk08

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing a 4.7 HEMI with pocket flares, roof basket and some Renegade lights out front and up top. Offer it with the 6 sp manual transmission, Dana 44s front and rear with the Atlas Transfer case. Throw some Mopar skidplades on with tow hooks front and rear and a factory winch bumper, sans winch.

We'll call it the Airbornekk08 edition!

Drucifer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the economy the way it is, we'll be lucky if they do anything special.

I hate times like this, it screws up so many ******** things I like! :mad: