WHAT THE #$%&?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was sitting at the red light last night, an all of a sudden I looked down and MY WHOLE DASHBOARD was lit up. Like I had just started the Jeep. The oil light, gas light, Roof Lights, High beams etc........ They all stayed on for about 5 seconds. What the hell is that about? #-o

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And to think Christmas is over...

Did they stay on? Did you check for codes?

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They stayed on for about 3-4 seconds. And how do i check for codes?

2003KJ

Reaction score
yeah i actually had almost the same thing happen once, and only once. I started the Jeep to back it into my garage for the night, instruments did their little self check thing, chime went off for the seatbelt, all the norm. So I put it in reverse and start backing up, and I hear the chime cycle going AGAIN.....I looked down and all the lights were on, just like it cycled through its start up check again.....i froze and just started staring at it and everything stayed fine. Engine ran just fine, no signs of engine missfire or the alike.....hasn't done it again to this day....and this was probably 8 months or so ago.

I even restarted the engine 2 or 3 times again to see if it would do it again, but no go. And I know I wasn't seeing things...im not that crazy...LOL.

Did a code check right after and it didn't throw any, so I can only assume it was one of those "Jeep quirks". This being my 1st Jeep, i'm still getting used to them...lol.

FL RENNY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the couple of options this problem could be. I guess the next question is...what type of sever problem could occur because of this. I mean is it something I can just deal with? Or am i gonna be sitting on the side of the highway on my way to tallahassee sometime? Any idea? Maybe someone will know after i run the codes thanks