What Snow?....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
just like an hour ago, I was shoveling, had to start shoveling where I park the KJ cuz the gate would be inoperable if I didnt. My upstairs neighbor comes by and starts talking to me.

Neighbor: some weather eh?
Me: Yep (takes break from shoveling)
N: Yeh, been seeing a lot of vehicles, slipping, and struggling to go
M: Yep, i know, see them skidding down the street too..
N: So will you be able to get out with all that? (points at the mound of snow behind the KJ)
M: eh?.....(hands him shovel) can you take out the rest of that stuff (points to snow blocking gate) so I can swing this open

I then proceed to unlock the KJ, take out my snow brush thing, and start her up. I start cleaning her up so i can see a little

N: that good enough?
M: Yeah (I then swing open the gate)

I get on the KJ, put it in 4-hi shift into reverse, and just back out like there was no snow

after i get out of the KJ

N: WOW! like there wasnt even any snow there
M: yep.....

we then shovel the rest of my drive way....it was starting to build up where the doors were.....

after some time....the snow drift starts to block my path again...
N: so will you be able to get back in with all that...

I look at him funny.....

N: Ok...stupid question.....

I then pull the jeep back in as easy as I pulled her out.......

\:D/

the snow was already above my ankles.....

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
haha, cool story.

The liberty is also really good at going up snow banks, with the good approach angle. Anyways, I drove up a snow bank the other night at a parking lot. You know the ones they make with a front end loader. The liberty got all the way to the top of it, probably a 13 foot snow bank. My headlights were pointed up at the sky, Looked cool, wish I had my camera with me. #-o Then again it's broke, but I got some parts on order.

Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Bennett said:
haha, cool story.

The liberty is also really good at going up snow banks, with the good approach angle. Anyways, I drove up a snow bank the other night at a parking lot. You know the ones they make with a front end loader. The liberty got all the way to the top of it, probably a 13 foot snow bank. My headlights were pointed up at the sky, Looked cool, wish I had my camera with me. #-o Then again it's broke, but I got some parts on order.

Bennett

yeh that wouldve been a really cool shot

yeh last year we had a few nasty snow storms too...
picked up my friend to go to work one day...and where i pulled in it was maybe about knee deep of plowed and shovelled snow. My friend comes out...i was still in 2 hi at this point....i was slipping...he starts panicking...
'oh great, hold on..lemme get my shovel"

i was like "psh stay in here"
shifted it in 4 hi, and off we went

his response

"I gotta get me one of these"

he hasnt purchased one yet....but we'll see now that he drives to work more often.....

Talon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just as I posted on JU, I was out having fun looking for unplowed roads and there is a real long, steep hill right by me. I was going to go up it (there was also an Explorer behind me) when I saw a car backing down as he couldn`t make it and there was another abandoned car on the side of the street part way up the hill. After the car got out of my way, I proceeded up it like it was nothing. My gf was calling me a showoff and I said showoff? Watch this. I turned around (all the while looking for the Explorer but he chickened out) and went back down the hill. I threw it into 2wd and proceeded right back up the hill with minimal slipping (Love those Revos...). \:D/

Mike

2003KJ

Reaction score
Ok, i've given up on snow completely. The forecasters are a bunch of morons that couldn't predict a storm if it hit em in the face. TOTAL snow this season, a DUSTING, Total Ice, <1/10 an inch (came today). Calling for it to be back up at 60 by wednesday. Maybe next year the 4X4 will get some use....... sad1.gif

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's insane here in connecticut. The snow is comin down like I've seldom seen since being a kid in Jersey. Nice to hear the KJ stories tho... we have a jeep-filled neighborhood, but I'm the only one I know of on my block with a KJ. Noones drivin anywhere now.... our street is eerily untouched. Our dog enjoyed goin for a walk! :)

Should be fun tomorrow!

-Blu

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Oh Tim....

Need me to take more snow pics? \:D/

Me and the Jeep had plenty of fun 4 wheeling down Detroit's usually unplowed streets. Too bad there's no hills here. ](*,)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont get this area of PA (all of PA??) but its almost like I'm in Texas. They never seem to have enough crews out to deal with the snow so its all over the roads and everyone drives 30 or less in a 55 where the lane they are traveling in is CLEAR and the rest of the road is covered in snow. In NY were I'm moving to we've gotten lake effect snow every day of the week with out any major delays or road condition issues.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
smithers_0990 said:
probably a 13 foot snow bank

A 13 footer huh? :-s

Ok, ok, about 8 feet. It was a pretty good size, I like to exaggerate a lot. I was probably (Alcy) on my last post. (beer)

Good luck smithers, with your new position in the marines!!!!!! usa.gif (band2)

(Cheers)
Bennett

2003KJ

Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
Oh Tim....

Need me to take more snow pics? \:D/

Me and the Jeep had plenty of fun 4 wheeling down Detroit's usually unplowed streets. Too bad there's no hills here. ](*,)

What i'd prefer is for some snow down here. And not that stupid dusting like it was the other day (which almost completely shut down the city, as they were not expecting it untill the evening).....but a REAL snow storm. 5"++++.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stories guys! Lately I have had just enough snow to make it a mess and bring out the salt trucks... Maybe have 2" of snow at the moment. Boo!

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Al you guys in the Boston area... have fun today (Sunday Jan. 23/05) I just caught a bit of your weather on the news. Seems like they're calling for 20-40" of snow in the next 24hrs. Now THAT'S snow! Have a blast, and hope you own a snowblower for the driveway/sidewalks, jeeping in the snow is fun, but shovelling ain't!

tree_stump

Reaction score
4Factor said:
Al you guys in the Boston area... have fun today (Sunday Jan. 23/05) I just caught a bit of your weather on the news. Seems like they're calling for 20-40" of snow in the next 24hrs. Now THAT'S snow! Have a blast, and hope you own a snowblower for the driveway/sidewalks, jeeping in the snow is fun, but shovelling ain't!

Yeah, it was a great time... We got about 30" here on Sat with another 3 or so on Sunday. Unfortunately, couple that with 6 foot drifts and a 1/8 mi long driveway, and I needed a backhoe before I could get back on the road!

Saturday night was a blast, though - coming home on 9-12" of unplowed snow and my Renny with stockers did great! Even got to tow out a Chevy pickup that got himself stuck (on the road).

Had to move the Jeep yesterday to prepare for the plowing, and finally got it parked - only to realize I couldn't open the door without shoveling.

I love this stuff!