What Size Roof Rack/Basket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
If you build your own cross rails, you can craft them so they sit snugly between the factory roof rails... and then it's nearly like mounting the basket to the OEM rails... only stronger. It's how my set-up is done, and I have a fair amount of weight up there for days at a time.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Got my scholarship money today and finally was able to get off the pot!

:big_banana_Dance:

After all the hemming and hawing, here's what I just ordered:

LINKS:
RB-DLX-V2 Vehicle Roof Cargo Storage Basket : Amazon.com : Automotive

24" Extension for the Black Widow RB-DLX-V2 Roof Cargo Basket : Amazon.com : Automotive

Wind Fairing for the Black Widow RB-DLX-V2 Roof Cargo Basket : Amazon.com : Automotive

49-3/4" Roof Rack Cross Bars (Pair) : Amazon.com : Automotive

Thanks to everyone for all of their input. All of the suggestions were great ones and they all had their points. It came down to a combination of what I'd be using it for and what I wanted appearance-wise. As soon as the stuff gets here and I get it installed I will post some pictures of it on my Jeep. :burnout:

You must be registered for see images

[YT]8Mx7DyxcuKk[/YT]

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
How long is the Rola all by itself?

My basket is 43-1/2" and the extension added another two feet. That is a total of just over 5'7" in length. I really like the way it looks, but I am sure there are some who would not like it. You can click the "More Pics Here" link in my sig to get a better look at it.

KJSJeep

Reaction score
TMS basket...

Just ordered the TMS aluminum basket for $69 shipped on Amazon. Looking forward to building it and posting pics.

Jason Randleman

Centriz
Reaction score
Nice Austerity... I'm looking at eliminating the crossbars and mounting my megabasket directly to the roof rails. It always seemed silly to have all these bars criss-crossing up top. I also purchased the ALL STEEL roof bars to replace the stock plastic and aluminum bars. Can you take a close up pic of the emt connector? I was going to us U-bolts but you may have a better idea.

Can you tell me the correct size roof cross bars and where you got the ALL STEEL ones? Mine are missing and I keep seeing all different size UNIVERSAL ones but don't want them to stick way out the side. Thank you!

Jakey

Reaction score
I bought two universal roof racks from Menards last fall on clearance, 40$ a piece!!! Shipped to a store right by my house no extra charge. I was worried about fitment while i was looking at other racks but for 40$ i just didn’t care anymore lolol. Got some universal crossbars on sale from Walmart At the same time for 50$ I believe but after installing the first set of crossbars I returned the second set because I just didn’t like them much.. however i climbed my fat 200lb self up there and jumped around lmao nothing broke!! So i dont know how people break the roof rails(read about that online). Its loud as hell but ive seen no difference in mileage and ive driven from NC to WI and back twice since then. Not saying there isnt a difference but i didnt see one(2005 CRD). Anyway my takeaway is any basket will work but i feel you’re better off buying a couple pieces of AL and making your own cross rails