What ive been up to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, just this...

You must be registered for see images attach

Grover dual tone air horn with tank and compressor. Takes about 2 minutes to fill up and I can probably lay on it for 10 -15 seconds. I have it wired to my regular horn so I just beep as usual and you get the whole 18 wheeler experience with out the semi lol. the switch is so I can turn the compressor on or off when ever I want. It does have an 85/105 air switch but it stopped working (hence the blue switch) It is very loud, and loads of fun to scare the hell out of people, plus when some one cuts you off they immediately jump back to where they came from after hearing a semi on their ass. Working lowest air pressure is around 60psi and the blow off valve is set to 115psi.

OldBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a bigger tank (and maybe a bigger compressor), that would be good for when you have to refill your tires........hmmm........

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is very loud, and loads of fun to scare the hell out of people, plus when some one cuts you off they immediately jump back to where they came from after hearing a semi on their ass.
So that's what you were doing almost four years ago in Jan 2004.

I hope you're just kidding... but, if your serious, I'm not being disrepectfull, just saying it like it is:

Yeah, great fun and not real smart....

I hope you have tons of insurance because the first time you "scared the hell" out of anyone in my family and it resulted in an accident, everything you own or ever will own will be mine.

Why not use it for something more usefull, say maybe like airing up your tires after a fun day on the trail?

With a bigger tank (and maybe a bigger compressor), that would be good for when you have to refill your tires........hmmm........

Refilling tires, now that's more like it.

No tank needed, unless you just wanted to. The air this unit puts out doesn't really justify a tank. It will air up a 31" BFG M/T tire from 15 psi to 35 psi tire in less than five minutes as is.

Some people have mounted them to their firewall and hard wired it.

Here is the same unit, $59.00 at PepBoys....

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use this setup for anything that needs air. AZKJ, don't worry i have had the horn long enough that im past the scare the hell out of you, but i still laugh my ass off when i inadvertenly scare people. I got my compressor from costco for 49.99

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't wanna scare anyone just because they cut in front of me, causing them to immediately go back to their original lane, colliding with the car who just happened to swap into that lane.

However, I love to blow horn on that a-hole who has doubleparked in the middle of the street, blocking the traffic, or that dude who fell a sleep on that traffic like with 10-sec green, 90-sec red light!

I tried to buy something less loud, but the delay in horn (when it charges up to fill the buffer) just turned me off. I didn't wanna install any tank to keep reserve air, rather I looked at the ones with instant-blow with no tank. Sure thay are not as loud, but with limited technical skills of mine, it is the easiest install, and cheapest one (50 bucks to $100 for walo ones)

This topic is worthless without sound clips!!! :D

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ah yes, reminds of Janco's set up...cept' his was hanging from the rear cargo area...

and if you are wondering why his was hanging from the rear..well he had no space to put it in the rear cargo itself..

and of course as hyde said......useless w/o sound clips....well here's a video of him firing them puppies up.....had to hold camera and ears at the same time

train horn video

here's his rig...

Last edited:

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill try and get some sound clips, I dont know how well they will translate though.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a Stebel Nautilus horn on my motorcycle few years ago, after finding that no one paid attention to the tinny little *beep* from the factory horn. This sucker is loud, but has a pitch that's different from a big rig. As far as I know I've not scared anyone yet but it definitely gets their attention. At some point, I think I want to put one on the Liberty too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Janco's set up was flat out awesome. I'd LOVE to have something like that.

But the way I blow my horn at people, it wouldn't be long before I wound up in jail...

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im w/ AZKJ on this one! Just fill your tires and no one gets hurt! :D

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem too smart to drive around honking at random people on the sidewalk. In some places, that's a good way to get shot at, or at least arrested. The loud horn would be kinda cool as an option, maybe on its own switch so one could still honk normally. I'd use it for the idiots around here who stop at yield signs for no reason, take 15 minutes to react at traffic lights, or pull out in front of me while on their cell phones.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,
I thought that was for airing up your tires (Although I did think the tank was too small! ;) )
As far as the horn goes... Keep it! Use it for the right time... Like when your wheelin' hard and ya slip off a cliff into a remote chasm. You can use it as a recovery signal! :D lol3.gif j/k!
Hell, I have a set of Fiamm air horns which I am contemplating adding to our KJ just for the same reason.
We have allot of blue-rinse specials cruising around here in 1/4 million $ Merc's and BMW's that don't hear that well any more and have never spoken English so there is no point in shouting commands or orders at them!

Bashgod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, keep ignoring that I said I have gotten past the scaring people phase... lol j/k. At this point its just fun to push the lock button on my key after I park, and watch people's faces as they look around and always say "what the hell was that?"

I love the immediate response I get after blasting that horn at some dummy who starts drifting into my lane (had a 6 hour road trip yesterday) they aren't quite sure if I was the one who honked at them so you see them checking all of their mirrors