What is this part called...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Hey guys... My father in law says the rubber bushing on this thing is bad on both sides.

What is the part called so I can order new ones please?

Attachments

• 76919ACE-F14D-47A3-811B-5536D714FBA4.jpeg
    76919ACE-F14D-47A3-811B-5536D714FBA4.jpeg
    295.5 KB · Views: 43

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hey guys... My father in law says the rubber bushing on this thing is bad on both sides.

What is the part called so I can order new ones please?
Tip: take a picture of each tie rod end before you remove them and count the threads on each side. Write those numbers down and then get your new ones to the same thread count as close as possible!

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Tip: take a picture of each tie rod end before you remove them and count the threads on each side. Write those numbers down and then get your new ones to the same thread count as close as possible!
I already ordered a set from Orielly's online. Hoping they are close, and just FYI what is the concern with the threading.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to recomment upper and lower balljoints for sure if your tierods look like that. Mine looked fine when my balljoints were GONE.

I bought upper arms complete and lower balljoints. They were a pain to swap out on the lowers but I didn't happen to come across complete lower arms. I also went ahead and installed new loaded struts on the front while I was at it. My front springs were sagged and I was already in there. I don't run a lift so it made sense to go ahead while I had everything apart.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to recomment upper and lower balljoints for sure if your tierods look like that. Mine looked fine when my balljoints were GONE.

I bought upper arms complete and lower balljoints. They were a pain to swap out on the lowers but I didn't happen to come across complete lower arms. I also went ahead and installed new loaded struts on the front while I was at it. My front springs were sagged and I was already in there. I don't run a lift so it made sense to go ahead while I had everything apart.
I also am installing brand new front struts with coils, and rear coils / shocks along with the ball joints & tie rod ends. The passenger side lower ball joint broke last week leaving the jeep sitting in the middle of our street in front of the house with tire laying on its side LOL