What is "prelowered"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is "prelowered"?

What does "prelowered" mean?
________
******* SEX

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Liberty models built after April 2002 were lowered 1/2 or 3/4". If you have one built before this period of time, it's "prelowered". Not that it matters much, since 7 years of suspension sag have already taken their toll.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A prelowerd KJ would also have the 4x4 badges on the side, not the tailgate....

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
A prelowerd KJ would also have the 4x4 badges on the side, not the tailgate....

I don't know/think the "prelowered" had anything to do with the 4x4 badge placement though. I have seen 02/03 MY with the 4x4 badges on the side. But anyone can add or remove badges.

TBJ.....I have to laugh at your pic, because I have almost the exact same pin-striping road rash behind my rear window and around my gas cap.....we must have been bush-wacked by the same bush....hahaha

Dave

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
4x4 badges on the side is a good, but not exact indicator. There's a few members on here who have pre-lowered Jeeps with 4x4 badges on the back. And my friend's '02 is still higher than a '03-'07. Although not by much anymore... Both of these changes happened within days of each other.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
TBJ.....I have to laugh at your pic, because I have almost the exact same pin-striping road rash behind my rear window and around my gas cap.....we must have been bush-wacked by the same bush....hahaha

Dave

Trail Rash????:confused:

I don't have it....:-$:D

oddball

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dave

Me too. :D

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score

Dave

So that's where that chlamydia came from (blarg)

4x4 badges on the side is a good, but not exact indicator. There's a few members on here who have pre-lowered Jeeps with 4x4 badges on the back. And my friend's '02 is still higher than a '03-'07. Although not by much anymore... Both of these changes happened within days of each other.

See the pic ThunderbirdJunkie posted. He has the 4x4 badge on the tailgate, as well as behind the rear quarter glass.

That's what the pic was supposed to illustrate :)

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some brutal trail rash on ours!
Mind you...
A 75 gallon recycling bin jumped out at me!

A 2000+ pound Nissan jumped out in front of mine when my wife was driving. The hood, & grille has since been changed but the silver is slightly different.
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited: