What EVIC you install on your 2005 Liberty ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cidar

Reaction score
Hi

I'm still looking on a EVIC console for my Renny 2005, so i start this thread in order to determine the most popular EVIC part # installed, and the best one.

please let me know yours

Cidar

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The proper part numbers to have everything working, including temp, are (correct me if I'm wrong) 56010520AD and 56010527AD. Good luck finding one.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The proper part numbers to have everything working, including temp, are (correct me if I'm wrong) 56010520AD and 56010527AD. Good luck finding one.
Straight out the partsman.

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'04,'05,'06 not sure on the '07 and up. That being said you will need the evic from a Libby from those three years. One from the Libby will also show the proper door open messages.

part # 56010520AD or 56010527AD from the '05-'06
or
part # 56010437AA or 56010438AB from the '04

I currently have a 56010438AC in my '06. This one has Homelink and TPMS.

That being said and not knowing your locale. If you want a functional TPMS you should consider sticking with the '04 part numbers. I would hazard a guess(domestic model) that you do not have the wiring in the wheel wells for the later TPMS.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of trouble finding an EVIC for an 04 Liberty in my local wrecking yards. I finally found one by looking for a Liberty Limited (they came with the EVIC) and the proper model year on the driver's side door. I suggest you try the same trick and look for a wrecked Libby with the 05 model year. With any luck the roof & EVIC are still there. I paid less than $50 for mine.

Also while looking keep an eye out for one of those automatic rearview mirrors. Those came on the Limiteds too.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can I install one, even If i only have the dome lights?
i think it looks great
Anyone can install one, but you shouldn't have to find a bracket since I think the 02-04's came with it pre-installed. All you have to do is find an EVIC, a console, make or find a pigtail/harness, then be willing to hack into your headliner and wiring harness (which is what I did on our 04). :D

fastimes98

Reaction score
New to the forum and just bought my wife a 2005 Liberty Limited after driving a GMC Jimmy for almost 8 years. Our Liberty however did not come with the EVIC factory installed. I went to our local "pick-u-part" and removed the roof bracket, dome lamp and a section of the headliner around the dome lamp (to use as a pattern for cutting our headliner) I bought what I thought was the correct EVIC of off ebay (part # 56042756AF) and proceded to install it from the instructions found here Installing an OTIS. Upon completion started the vehicle and the compass works, temp gauge does not, TPMS indicates flat bars at all corners and gives low pressure warning for the spare. As I understand it, the TPMS has to be retrained with some type of magnetic tool? Any ideas why the temp display not working? I pulled the grill to install a temp sensor and one was already there. The EVIC also has an instant MPG display that will not function, but I understand the BCM/ECM does not provide the signal for this for the 2005 model years Liberty?

Latest posts

Members online