What does everybody pay for their fuel

What grade of fuel do you use

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Premium is over $3 here....

Agreed about the morning gas. Might start going out in the middle of the night when nobody is out and going to a 24 hr station to fill up.
Did any of you catch the story on GMA this morning about the gas rip off? Something about the pumps are calibrated for dispensing fuel at 60 degrees,so when it's hotter you get less gas than when it's 60 degrees.But then again you get more when it's colder.Was interesting,guess I'll be filling up when it's colder for sure!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did any of you catch the story on GMA this morning about the gas rip off? Something about the pumps are calibrated for dispensing fuel at 60 degrees,so when it's hotter you get less gas than when it's 60 degrees.But then again you get more when it's colder.Was interesting,guess I'll be filling up when it's colder for sure!

No, I didn't see that report, but I read about that before. As I recall, the gas is denser when it's colder. So theoreticly, you get more. But I really wonder. I mean they know that, so do you think they will let you get more on a cold morning? The gas is in underground tanks and underground the temperature is more stable. 55 degrees average I think. Besides, if you do get more, how much, maby a shot glass full? I'll bet you're certainly not going to get a couple of extra gallons.

Someone smarter than me is going to have to chime in and explain it I guess.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow.. on monday I got my gas at $3.05/gal (some other places were as high as $3.09999/gal, we drove to NJ... what do you know they are enjoying low $2.50/gal there.. ahh those people.. they pay less tax, cheaper gas, and whatever else they can enjoy.. including Flood, poor public transportation and lazy local governments. hehehe

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that even possible!? Maybe you forgot what you paid, but I have never been able to put fully 19 gallons into my tank. The most I ever put was 16 gallons, that with topping off...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow.. on monday I got my gas at $3.05/gal (some other places were as high as $3.09999/gal, we drove to NJ... what do you know they are enjoying low $2.50/gal there.. ahh those people.. they pay less tax, cheaper gas, and whatever else they can enjoy.. including Flood, poor public transportation and lazy local governments. hehehe

NJ seems always way lower than NY. Must be the state gas taxes in NJ. They used to post the breakdown on the pumps years ago, but no more. Every time I go through there (rte 17 in Jersey) I gas up before getting on the Throughway to NY.

Around here right now it's 2.87 for Hess and USA (brand ?) Gas and Sunoco is 2.89 for regular. They are across the street from each other at an intersection so I think they are trying to compete with each other.

Dave

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price was 3.23 for regular unleaded at costco here in california. Hasnt dropped one penny out here! Its B.S. they are rippin us off!(censored) (deadhorse)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price was 3.23 for regular unleaded at costco here in california. Hasnt dropped one penny out here! Its B.S. they are rippin us off!(censored) (deadhorse)

Naaaaaa - you people in Ahhhnoooold Land have "special gas"

But we're catching up to you. This morning I drove by a Sunoco station and regular was posted for 2.89 and on the way back just it was 2.99 - - ??

Dave

Gringo Loco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that even possible!? Maybe you forgot what you paid, but I have never been able to put fully 19 gallons into my tank. The most I ever put was 16 gallons, that with topping off...

Hyedipin, mine has a 20.5 gallon fuel tank. There have been a few different size fuel tanks used.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk what gas is around here right now.. Ive not gotten gas in around a week.. I never drive anywhere.. :(

You should get out more. Take the rest of the day off.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hyedipin, mine has a 20.5 gallon fuel tank. There have been a few different size fuel tanks used.

20.5 ? really?

Mine is supposed to have 19.5 and I am sure you are well aware of the topics here, and at lost and other sites that nobody has ever been able to put 19.5 or even 18 on our tanks. I think the light comes on at 1 gallon remaining, so that makes it 18.5 give it 1, 17.5 -- still I have never been able to put more than 16.5 on my tank..

That reminds me, can't we swap the tank with something bigger? Has that been done, if so with what kind of tank?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey,

Gas finally went down in price! $1.13.9 and 3.5 cents discount when paying!

$1.10.4, Big savings!

Our Libby takes 75 liters when totally empty; thats 19.812 US gallons.
Thats $82.80 for a true fill up.

My Classic Mini holds 12.5 US Gallons( 47.38 liter) a $52.00 fill and only gets
9-12 miles per gallon!!!
I don't complain when I drive our Liberty. And it holds 4 more people!

Ry'

RamSport47

Reaction score
It's about $1.70 per gallon (until tuesday when it always goes up). But I'm not complaining...I knew it didn't get 42 MPG like my Neon when I bought it.

tjkoen01

Reaction score
I run 91 octane for the Jet chip I have,and in my manual it say's to run premium when towing for better performace/cooling.Premium is $2.59 a gallon here in Colorado Springs,when I'm home I can run the mid-grade(which is 90 octane) it's cheaper then the regular 87 octane gas cause it has 10% ethenol.My KJ loves ethenol,it runs SOOOOOO much better and I get about 3 mpg better mpg then the crap here in CO.

I also have a Jet Chip Stage 2 and it runs better with the high octane, usually 92 or 93 around here. Right now premium is at $2.819

before I buy gas, I check here first:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

rchung813

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighborhood gas price literally just this week from 2.99 to 3.01 to 3.03 and now 3.09. Is there anything going on with the supply of oil?