what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, if you read thru that price is just for the lights - the rack is a separate purchase :eek: I'd save the money and get a decent rack, then throw some Hellas/KCs/PIAAs on it :)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my gosh! I truly hope no one has ever bought those. :eek:
OH, I'm sure there are some who are too busy, too lazy or just generally lacking the knowledge of how easy it is to install lights so they buy this kit and then PAY MORE to have someone install it :eek: :p But luckily it isn't anyone on this forum, right? ;)

DAGtunes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OH, I'm sure there are some who are too busy, too lazy or just generally lacking the knowledge of how easy it is to install lights so they buy this kit and then PAY MORE to have someone install it :eek: :p But luckily it isn't anyone on this forum, right? ;)

Hello,

Newbie here, and I did buy the rack. (blarg) But not the lights.

Get something better. The mounting system is assinine. I'm currently looking for a replacement, that will mount down closer to the roof. (I've got a very low garage door...live in condo.) I have to remove my rack to park in my garage, and it is a major pain to remove/reinstall. It's designed to be installed once and forgotten.

I'll admit though, the wind deflector with the JEEP™ logo on it is kinda cool...

As for lights, I don't have those yet, but I think the Mopar set is WAY overpriced. Besides, I've always liked the KC's...

Good luck!

Last edited:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Nothing wrong with that light set-up from "Auto Truck Toys" other than the fact that the price is a burn. I've seen new Renegade light bars for sale at various sites including ebay for less than that!
I guess what you pay for is the Jeep logo. I don't know.
But with a little bit of digging on the web you can find the same lights as what is shown on that link.
In fact, ask Bennitt, it looked like he had a similar(If not the same) model of Hella's mounted in his lower valance (sorry bumper...by the tow hooks) and I thought that they were up for sale as well.
Anyway, Check out Hella's Optilux web site as well as their main site and I'm sure you will be able to find the same or better application lighting to fit your style and lighting requirements.

Optilux

Hella

Keep in mind that there is way way more vehicle lighting options.
Any more questions? Please ask!

Cheers
Ry'

ps. I was 7 years old when I first added more lights to a vehicle... Albeit it was a model toy car!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.