What color paint for 2006 Liberty OEM steel rims?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnr23

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty with the OEM steel rims. The paint has flaked off enough so that a black undercoating is showing on some of them. What color was the paint for the OEM steel rims? Mine is sort of a silver but lighter than silver. I attached a picture of one of the rims that is in better condition.

Attachments

• 2006_Jeep_Liberty_Rim.jpg
    2006_Jeep_Liberty_Rim.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 4

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I don’t know the exact color but If I was going through the process of painting a set of steel wheels, I would just pick a matte color that I thought looked really good with the rest vehicle.

That said a paint store could easily match the color for you in a high quality enamel paint

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on generic wheel silver, also called argent.

I run two sets of wheels. The steels are semi-gloss black. The alum ones I went with dark graphite metallic.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the effort involved I'd get a set of alloys

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the effort involved I'd get a set of alloys

To each their own. Paint and the slight effort involved looked cheap and easy compared to wheels... and having tires remounted and rebalanced.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own. Paint and the slight effort involved looked cheap and easy compared to wheels... and having tires remounted and rebalanced.
Maybe but having steel wheels here on salty roads means regular painting and I'm lazy!

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I try to keep the steels for winter. Alloys dont seem to tolerate the salt very well at all.