What can be done to prevent sth bad happening to my KJ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys as you all know hurricane Irene will be hitting ny at this weekend!!! My garage is below ground level and I thing it s gonna be flooding! What can I do about it? Let's see suggestions! Thank you!!!:freak3::killit:

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move it! Thats the one thing you can control. Get it out of there, and to higher ground. If its going to get flooded no matter what, and your insurance wont cover it, disconnect the battery before you abandon it, then plan on some lengthy work before you start it the next time. Flooded cars are usually totalled, so move the thing.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move it! Thats the one thing you can control. Get it out of there, and to higher ground. If its going to get flooded no matter what, and your insurance wont cover it, disconnect the battery before you abandon it, then plan on some lengthy work before you start it the next time. Flooded cars are usually totalled, so move the thing.

ohh man! The thing is it could be worse if i leave it somewhere else because the flood could take it somewhere, anywhere where i would not want it to end up crashing into somebody's house! Or floating things would just hit it and damage it easy! :shrug:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got any parking garages down there? Park it on one of the upper floors?

Dave

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road trip away from the storm. Any money spent trying to store it somewhere safe you can have fun on a weekend road trip with your KJ.
Just an idea I did once and ended up having a great time.
Good luck to all of you and you stay safe first.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed.
find a parking garage and get it up as high as you can.

mine's going to have to suffer outside the garage as i'm already filled up in both bays, and no way to squeeze in a 3rd. planning on parking it right up against the house and moving it to various sides as the storm passes through, to try and put as much of the building between the storm and jeep.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Road trip away from the storm. Any money spent trying to store it somewhere safe you can have fun on a weekend road trip with your KJ.
Just an idea I did once and ended up having a great time.
Good luck to all of you and you stay safe first.

I like this idea!! :) We were just talking about this. Maybe going Lilydale past Buffalo! 8 hours away but for sure a lot of fun!!! :) If we cant go on a road trip i am totally gonna try to find a higher ground parking lot which i guess they would be full! :freak3:

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok we decided where to go! Upstate New York, Lake George! Let's get the heck outta here!!!
You must be registered for see images

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best of luck to you. i live where hurricane rita hit (direct path) and we took a lot of damage. i had to park my truck in our rickety garage at our house at the time (it was a ford f150 04 flare side) and i was lucky to have not had anything happen to it. at least you guys don't have hurricanes run through constantly, weather this one and afterward keep your fingers crossed :)

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best of luck to you. i live where hurricane rita hit (direct path) and we took a lot of damage. i had to park my truck in our rickety garage at our house at the time (it was a ford f150 04 flare side) and i was lucky to have not had anything happen to it. at least you guys don't have hurricanes run through constantly, weather this one and afterward keep your fingers crossed :)

Thank you man! Hope we ll have the least of it!

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck folks! It sounds Irene will hit New York pretty hard

Well it will my friend. I just left home without any precaution. Since I am not there I don't care whatever happens to it. F that I am outta there! :)