What backspacing should I get??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeTompkins

Reaction score
I am going to put on a 2.5 in lift to my KJ and I want to put on 17 inch wheels with 255/65/17 inch tires. I need to know the correct backspacing to get on my my wheels?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to put on a 2.5 in lift to my KJ and I want to put on 17 inch wheels with 255/65/17 inch tires. I need to know the correct backspacing to get on my my wheels?

2.5 inch OME lift ?? OR???
If full spring lift the 7 inches wide and 4 inches of backspacing

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be using my stock 05 Liberty Limited 17" chrome wheels for the foreseeable future, but want to get larger tires after my 3" lift. Will I be able to use a larger diameter tire with my setup than I would if I bit the bullet and got new rims and tires? Full disclosure: I really like the stock chrome wheels, just not the chrome part. I am considering getting them powder coated.

You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be using my stock 05 Liberty Limited 17" chrome wheels for the foreseeable future, but want to get larger tires after my 3" lift. Will I be able to use a larger diameter tire with my setup than I would if I bit the bullet and got new rims and tires? Full disclosure: I really like the stock chrome wheels, just not the chrome part. I am considering getting them powder coated.

That chrome cover comes off Jim, or at least looks like the ones on our 05 . If you use a 30-30.5 inch tire you should be fine , depending on how high you end up going.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not covers, Tom, it's a solid wheel. No plastic. In my photo, they are pretty dusty.

Thanks.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I dunno whether I am more embarrassed or more disappointed. I just went out and gave them a closer inspection and you're right, them damn things are plastic. They did a really good job of foolin' me. Bummer.

Latest posts

Members online