Wet Floors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockinRam96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am having trouble with wet carpets in front passenger and drivers side compartments. This Jeep does not have a sunroof. Are there any other stress to look?

I guess it could be the windshield gasket. Doesn’t seem to be effecting the headliner or the rear passenger compartment.

FWIW, it’s worth, this Jeep was sitting in a grove of pine trees when I got it. It was covered in that **** that comes off pine trees and pine needles. Are there any windshield drain passages that could be clogged and not allowing water to drain?

jplgsx

Reaction score
I went through a lot to track down my sources of water leaks - and my 2003 Liberty Limited has a sunroof. The first source was the sunroof drains that were clogged. While clearing the drains I also replaced the seal around the sunroof glass. Then I checked the fresh air (heating and cooling) intake under to cowl. It is always a good idea to check it a couple of times a year just to clear out the junk that accumulates. I made sure that the gasket was not torn or another leak source (it also needed cleaning. Then on the firewall is the drain for the moisture that collects from running the A/C. It should have a 90-degree rubber pipe facing down on it. Mine did so I took it off and made certain that the pipe itself was not clogged before putting the rubber pipe back on. Finally, I found that there is a rubber accordion conduit that runs wires from the door (both right and left front doors) that was not sealing well to the cab body. After several tries a seating it well, I gave up and made a gasket seal with black RTV silicon and that did the trick.

Michael Wolfe

Reaction score
There should be a drain for the A/C / Heater box. If you pour water down the vents at the base of the windshield, that should be where the water drains... Unless they're clogged with pine s***t, then they'll drain into the cabin.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. potentials like Tim's post
2. AC drain on firewall missing would cause the leak into passenger side.
3. missing factory grommet on the sides below the A pillar.

Latest posts

Members online