wet carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's area carpet continues to get wet in my KJ. I've dried it out twice now. The first time I assumed that I had left the window down and it rained in there. However thinking back the seat was never wet. The second time I know the window was up and neither the seat nor the floormat was wet just the carpet and the padding.
The AC drain is on the passenger side correct? There is no sunroof. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The driver's area carpet continues to get wet in my KJ. I've dried it out twice now. The first time I assumed that I had left the window down and it rained in there. However thinking back the seat was never wet. The second time I know the window was up and neither the seat nor the floormat was wet just the carpet and the padding.
The AC drain is on the passenger side correct? There is no sunroof. Any ideas?

Check where your pedals and steering column go through to the engine bay...there are supposed to be rubber grommets to seal the gaps...these can move or get damaged so every time you ride through a puddle of water you get an ingress into the cab. Also check where cable harnesses go into the engine bay...same thing applies.
After driving on a hot day with the aircon on you must expect to see a puddle of clean water under the Jeep...if not...that water is wetting your carpet!:disgust:

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Seals around the pedals and wiring harness look good. So does the door seals. The air conditioner drains out the tube as it should. I've pulled the carpet up in the area so I can dry it out and hit it with the firehose at work and found nothing

cdh1125

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Turned out to be from a crappy body shop's repair work after an accident last June. Now their going to total it almost a year after the fact. Guess its time to look for another one

Latest posts

Members online