West Kentucky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my first Jeep today. A '03 Liberty Sport. I got tired of getting stuck in my own driveway when it snows. I have a 1/4 mile gravel drive and last winter was the kicker. I sold my '92 Ford F150 4X4 in 2003 when I bought a Ranger. The Ranger won't move more than a foot in the snow before swapping ends. I still have it but it has been relegated to Dump Duty. I am hoping to learn more about the Jeep I now own.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Clint. You will enjoy the KJ and the forum. There is a lot of good info and helpful people here.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping it works like insurance, and I never need it. Then I can just play with it.

Well make sure you put it in 4 at least once every month (or few months) to make sure your insurance is still working and give everything a little movement.

Clint in KY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well make sure you put it in 4 at least once every month (or few months) to make sure your insurance is still working and give everything a little movement.

Trust me I will. Funny you should mention that. Many years ago my Brother-In-Law bought a Jeep - the one with the eagle on the hood. Three years later he decided he wanted a sedan and when he went to trade it in they offered him a very low amount. It seams that since he owned it he had NEVER put it in 4 wheel drive and the transfer case was in need of serious attention. I did my best to not laugh at him - I failed.

second btw: I purchased my first 4X4 not far from you in Nashua NH when I was stationed at Fort Devens in Ayer Mass. where I spent a good deal of the 20 years I was in the Army.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to have you here Clint and thank you for your service! Enjoy the board