Were can i hook up to can bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dominicI

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first post, took me a while to find this site as the Liberty is called a Cherokee in the UK, but i got here in the end.

I'm in the process of fiting a Kenwood head unit plus Sat Nav, i am aware that the only way to get a speed pulse signal for the Sat Nav is to use a CAN BUS converter which i have. My problem is that i cant find the CAN BUS Hi and Low cables, my car is 2004 2.8CRD (although that may be differant to a US one). I've looked at the multi plug going to the head unit and also to the OBD (diagnostic) socket under the steering wheel with no joy.

I'm hoping that I wont have to go back to the ECU/BCM unit to wire it into there!!

So my question is, apart from the ECU/BCM were else can i pick up the Hi & Low CAN BUS feeds (Aparently they are White/Green for Hi and White/Blue for Low). If the ECU/BCM is there only place, what colour should the cables be and what is the pin number.

Any help with be great.

Thanks

Dominic