Went wheelin' took 6 hours to get back home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final Update:

Total bill is 889.16

This includes LCA, Alignment, Labor to install LCA, and oil change.. This dosent include tire ( 3 week back order on tire, or mounting and balancing of said tire). The wheel is still straight and true (they spun it up to verify).

The LCA doesnt look bent in anyway but when you take a tape measure to it well that's another story.... I'll see if they still have the LCA and tire when I pick it up tomorrow to get pictures.

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duratracs are a soft compound tire anyways. There intentions are for snow and slush and a lil mud but other than that they aren't a strong tire.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duratracs are a soft compound tire anyways. There intentions are for snow and slush and a lil mud but other than that they aren't a strong tire.

this is another time where I would like to see where you are getting your info from
did you read it?
did you have these tires and experience it first hand?
did you simply blurt out something random to try to up your post count?

I have yet to own a "weak" good year tire
tread life is not what I would call great but also what I would expect from any M/T or A/T tire

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

this is another time where I would like to see where you are getting your info from
did you read it?

tread life is not what I would call great but also what I would expect from any M/T or A/T tire

X2!

Your description the Goodyear DuraTrac tires warrants the B/S Flag!
But seeing we don't have one any more... I'll use this instead! :poop:

This is the description Tire Rack has on the Goodyear DuraTrac tires:

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multipurpose full-sized pickups, vans, sport utility and commercial vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions.

Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.

Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction.

One of the Xj's that was wheeling with us last weekend runs 33X12.5-15
DuraTrac tires and from what I took part in and saw first hand, I'd have to
say that they are pretty damn impressive tires!

I think the OP just carried too much speed and came down too hard and
by the looks of the video, the tire got pinched between the corner/sharp edge of that
boulder and the wheel rim. I'm sure that could happen to ANY tire!

Last edited:

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OP is lucky it was just the tire and the other damaged parts that went as opposed to the front axle.

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you read it?

What do you mean "another time"? No, I'm not trying to get my post count up. I'm on Tacoma Forum where I have seen people have problems with the duratracs not holding up quite well as most would think. Go on tacomaworld.com and search Duratrac Problems and see what you find. If you want even look up my user name lilredstud. Yes, I have read it and a friend of mine that works at a tire shop said the same thing about the Duratracs.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
What do you mean "another time"? No, I'm not trying to get my post count up. I'm on Tacoma Forum where I have seen people have problems with the duratracs not holding up quite well as most would think. Go on tacomaworld.com and search Duratrac Problems and see what you find. If you want even look up my user name lilredstud. Yes, I have read it and a friend of mine that works at a tire shop said the same thing about the Duratracs.

Well...
I took you up on your suggestion about tacomaworld.com and did a search
for Duratrac Problems...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3058842
And I searched here! (I read random pages out of the 50!)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/74843-goodyear-wrangler-duratracs.html

Most of what I see written so far are compliments and praise for Goodyears DuraTrac tires!
There are a few complaints but nothing you made it out to be!!!
Unless of course there is information available only to members who log in!:shrug:

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...
I took you up on your suggestion about tacomaworld.com and did a search
for Duratrac Problems...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3058842
And I searched here! (I read random pages out of the 50!)
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/wheels-tires/74843-goodyear-wrangler-duratracs.html

Most of what I see written so far are compliments and praise for Goodyears DuraTrac tires!
There are a few complaints but nothing you made it out to be!!!
Unless of course there is information available only to members who log in!:shrug:

I will have to find the thread but yes, there are things only members can view. I'm not dissing the tires to be honest, If I could I would run them I would especially since the damn Goodyear HP's are crap. :favorites68:
All I'm saying is from what I have heard is the Duratracs are made of a soft compound compared to other tires like the BFG MT's

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
So wait, you have no PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with the Duratracs?

You do realize that this makes your posts rather invalid, right?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to find the thread but yes, there are things only members can view. I'm not dissing the tires to be honest, If I could I would run them I would especially since the damn Goodyear HP's are crap. :favorites68:
All I'm saying is from what I have heard is the Duratracs are made of a soft compound compared to other tires like the BFG MT's

your off road experience is really shining
about as bright as a 1 watt bulb at noon out side
soft rubber = better off road
seeing as how this happened off road and he was going to fast then knowing that the Duratracs had soft rubber may have prompted him to go slower
so maybe your info is good ,soft rubber
but your opinion is misplaced ,soft rubber is bad off road

khakilibby07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know not having personal experience can make my posts invalid but from other members on the forum and a friend of mine that works at a tire shop(also a TW member) says that they are soft compound tires. I'm just going off of what I have been told, heard, and seen.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know not having personal experience can make my posts invalid but from other members on the forum and a friend of mine that works at a tire shop(also a TW member) says that they are soft compound tires. I'm just going off of what I have been told, heard, and seen.

you still do not understand
soft tread has no real bearing on tire strength
take Super Swampers
you can not hurt those tires
unless you use them on road then you are lucky to get 20K out of them
soft rubber

Members online