Went and looked at a 200r Renegade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my '05 Renne with 40K for under $13K. Just a point of reference for you. I was able to talk them down by basing my price on the NADA value. I work in the insurance industry and all major insurance companies use the NADA value of a vehicle to calculate total loss compensation. So my argument to the dealer is always based on numbers. I know how much they paid for it on trade (usually based on NADA or KBB value) and I know how much it is really worth. I won't pay a dime over what my insurance company would pay to replace it if it was totaled.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Even though it would be nice for Ryan to get it for $14,000 it is unlikely. (unless they are real hungry) Clean vehicles here in Canada are much higher in price, compared to vehicle in the US. Our new vehicle prices are off the planet, I would not doubt the Rene he is looking at was $38K when new.
Paying more for a cleaner,low mileage KJ in the long run is probably worth it, as long as it accident free. The dealer also has provided a BCAA inspection, which when I bought mine added $500 to the price of the vehicle. He will have some wiggle room if it's a cash deal. I hope others realize here that clean vehicles that are inspected by BCAA, make the purchase easier but not cheap, you will have to add 13 % tax, on the purchase price as well.
Welcome to Canada..$ 5 per gallon in fuel too!

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
over priced
Yeah it is. I got my 06 Fully loaded Limited/50K KMs for that price. So an 05 Renegade should be in the 15-16k range. Though that type of Renegade is rare(light bar, Selec-Trac) which may explain the price...

Boiler

Reaction score
Seems very pricey to me. I haven't quoted any since I bought mine in january but I was looking at 35-50k miles and was finding all kinds for $10-12k US. Finally got mine with 42k miles for like $9,150 but it needed tires. I don't care what condition those tires are in, it needs tires if they are stock. Our options look identical. Tough to judge how much 13,000 miles is worth. surely not 8 grand:cool:

Are they just that expensive in Canada? How hard is it to come to the US to buy them?

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Seems very pricey to me. I haven't quoted any since I bought mine in january but I was looking at 35-50k miles and was finding all kinds for $10-12k US. Finally got mine with 42k miles for like $9,150 but it needed tires. I don't care what condition those tires are in, it needs tires if they are stock. Our options look identical. Tough to judge how much 13,000 miles is worth. surely not 8 grand:cool:

Are they just that expensive in Canada? How hard is it to come to the US to buy them?

Yup boiler, vehicles here are pricey!
There are 2002 KJ LTD. selling as high as $12000.00!
Our '04 with 194000 km/121000 miles is still worth $14000.00!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan,
If the vehicles are expensive, even worse, should we tell everyone how much the average house price has reached in Vancouver?

Last edited:

Boiler

Reaction score
So can you come to the states and buy, or can we bring our jeeps up and sell them to you? Would be totally worth it...

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
So can you come to the states and buy, or can we bring our jeeps up and sell them to you? Would be totally worth it...

We can can buy in the U.S., and you can come up and sell as well!
A friend of mine sells Brand new Ford F350 King Ranch to folks in the U.S. all the time.
A $80000.00 plus truck for upwards of $90K U.S.!

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure why not!:D

Here in Richmond they are already in the high $700000.00!

Yeah but how much is that in REAL money?
(biggrin)

I'm just kidding. I can't knock Canada. I mean, come on. French fries in gravy! We would never have thought of that.

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
The link worked for me just fine, the first one he posted: http://www.autofleet.biz/DealerFiles/ListingView.asp?idproduct=3373

I get the 2005 JEEP LIBERTY RENEGADE 4WD (11202) title, and the picture, plus info...

Almost 18K for that, with CLOTH upholstery? That has all the options mine has, plus I got all that stupid ESP stuff... I just don't have the rims and Renegade trim, naaa Forget it dued, too much... I got mine, though not a RENEGADE, for 10-5, with 56K miles on it, with the balance of the 8/80 warranty.

You can buy a new jeep for 22K - 24K, where that's 18K for a 2005? I think it is a little high, isn't it?

Last edited:

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Eh, that's still 16,963.29 US dollars. I would have still paid the 10-5 for mine, -vs- 16-9 (6K more). I imagine I would spend less than 50% of that diffrence to buy the Renegade stuff so it looks like a renegade. Remember, labor for me is FREE, I only need buy the parts...

Last edited:

cdnjeepin

Reaction score
vehicle prices are way higher in canada then the us for any vehicle..

wifes 07 libby sport with 65 anniversary package (17's, body matched flares, chrome trim, jeep logo seats, etc )

was 34K on the lot. we got it for 31k and 0%

Just went on Jeep.ca

2010 Liberty Ltd - Cdn $33,795

Jeep.com

2010 Liberty Ltd - USD $27,870

Even using a 7% exchange right now that US Jeep is only $29,820, god I hate getting ripped off on vehicles up here.

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you gotta understand that brand new, it was probably in the 35 000$ range. My Limited brand new was 40 000 $CDN according to the previous owner's paperwork.

You can't compare US car prices with Canadian car prices. It's apples and oranges.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you meant..
They got us by the Grapefruits...SHOCKED.gif

But they include a speedometer in Kilometers....

Last edited: