well my back window went...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dejesu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rear drivers side window died out on me, but apparently this is a pretty common problem in KJ's? tried to lower the rear window and i got a grinding noise.. so stupid me, i try it again. the window dropped right down and would not go up or down. took it to the shop and the power window regulator had burnt out. thankfully i have the 8/80 full warranty so it was covered. $120.00 worth of repairs covered by warranty but a $100.00 charge to me. for the $20 i could've saved and the inconvenience of going to the shop, i probably could've just done the repair myself. :freak3:

oh well, can't complain.. KJ is fixed :D

however, the service at the Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge shop was misleading. I was told that the car would be in the shop for an hour or two, so i was planning on waiting there for it. When i arrived they told me i couldn't have it back for two days. luckily it was done that night :)

...and i'm also waiting for my manuals that i did not get with the jeep. two months and many phone calls and visits later, i still don't have it. :favorites68:

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check online for the manuals. I have an '06 and have found the repair manual, complete parts list, and the owner's manual.

Also, ***** about the window. When I bought mine the back window was stuck up, which is better than down I guess, but I got a warranty from the rental company I bought it from so it got fixed for the price of on the house :)

simond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually Jeep extend the warranty 2 more year no km limit for the window actuator ! Really common !!!